Silly question about Adriatic cruise

dln929

We're going on the Voyager and on the first night it leaves Venice at 5 pm. On the schedule it says "arrival in Koper, Slovenia 8 am." No way it takes all that time to get to a place that's so close by! What does the ship do? Sit in the water and idle until morning? I'm just curious. (first cruise ;))

We're going on the Voyager and on the first night it leaves Venice at 5 pm. On the schedule it says "arrival in Koper, Slovenia 8 am." No way it takes all that time to get to a place that's so close by! What does the ship do? Sit in the water and idle until morning? I'm just curious. (first cruise ;))

they have to stop in Livorno first to pick up some food for the Windjammer

I assume it just takes it very easy!

I am doing same trip in July so will let you know.

Karen

Thank you Karen! I hope you write a review. I've never been on a cruise before and I've never gone to any of the ports we're visiting, either. I'm dying of curiosity about everything.

they have to stop in Livorno first to pick up some food for the Windjammer

First belly laugh of the morning and on a Monday, too. :D:D:D

Not a silly question at all. I've been on cruises where we've spent a sea day in between close ports or spent all night travelling a short distance (such as Venice to Koper) and either the ship travels very slowly (which will likely be the case on your cruise) or you "detour" a little off the straight route, which is what we did on a sea day in between Livorno and Civitavecchia. Have a wonderful cruise - that itinerary looks fantastic.

PLEASE do post a review of your trip. That's the cruise I'm already looking at for summer of 2012 (whenever they finally release the dates/itinerary). We're doing our first Med cruise this coming summer and since I will miss Venice and DH has always wanted to go to Dubrovnik, it would be the perfect itinerary for us.

Archived