Inquiry on Rita's Fiesta

Indoor and very casual. They talk about doing a fiesta line dance that takes you out into the Boardwalk area and back into the restaurant. That is what they are talking about as outdoor. I don't think for the Fiesta at least they would use the outdoor tables but I may be wrong.

Remember to sign up for "Rita's Fiesta Package" if you want alcohol and the "Rita's Fiesta" for kids and non-alcohol. I will be going Sunday at 6:00 with my family in a couple of weeks and think it will be a grrreat way to start the cruise after sail away!

We did the Festival in Jan when we were on the Allure. Rita's is basically an open front restaurant, so that all of the tables, even though they may have a roof over them, are open to the outside.

The Festival cost us $20 each, which included 3 Margaritas. My wife could only drink 2, so I ended up drinking 4. I am not much of a drinker, so I was feeling pretty good by the end of dinner.

It is informal wear, but Mexican or at least Hawaiian shirts are what most wear. They give you a straw sombrero hat when you arrive, so everyone will look like they are having fun to some extent.

But you must have reservations, and I'd recommend reserving on RCL's website prior to leaving as they only do the festival once a week and seating is limited (at least on our cruise).

The festival is setup so that there is anywhere between 4 to 12 people at a table, and they bring out plates of food that you share with your table mates. But there is so much food that you will not be able to eat it all.

ritas1.jpg

During the meal, they play live music and half of the restaurant patrons end up dancing outside. It is really a lot of fun, and make it as fun as you can.

ritas2.jpg

Here is a view of Rita's Cantina (not the festival evening). You can eat there any evening, but as I said, the festival was only once.

all9.jpg

The festival was a definitely must-do for us.

Archived