Private Tour Guides in Grand Cayman

safetydan

Just returned from a cruise on the Navigator. In Grand Cayman we used Cayman Safari Adventures and had a delightful tour with Shirley. She picked us up at the dock with a Land Rover and six of us hopped in the back for an insiders tour of Pedro Castle for the historic overview before heading to the Botanical Park for a visit with the blue iguanas and stroll through the park. She took us to Rum Point for a beach break and past the blow holes along with a Cayman lunch at Miss Vivene's. Shirley is great and we enjoyed her wisdon, wit and candor!

jawouds

Thank you for the information. Now I have several more questions.

1. Do you have the contact info for her?

2. How much did she charge?

3. How long were you at the gardens and did she wait for you?

4. Is it worth all the effort to see the blue iguanas? I know that they now have an hour and half tour that starts at 11:00.

Thanks

SafetyDan

The website is www.caymansafari.com/adventures. Shirley's Email is shirley@caymansafari.com The cost for the tour was $95 (this includes all entance fees and lunch) Our tour was 5 - 6 hours. I think we were at the Botanical park about an hour with Shirley acting as our guide (including tasting buds and smelling crushed leaves). She knows everyone and we quickly found several iguanas. I have been to GC several times and have done the stingrays and turtle tours to Hell before. This was a whole new look at Grand Cayman! Shirley is 6th generation Caymanian and truly is a delight. My friends and I are in our 50s and there was another couple with their 8 y.o. daughter along. Everyone enjoyed it.

The lunch was true Cayman cuisine - fish with a pepper relish sauce, beans & rice, plantains, and a fritter. Dessert was Cassava cake. Beverage and tip were included. I think those that did not like fish were served a BBQ pork dish. All delicious! Shirley also had beverages in the Land Rover and banana cake for a morning snack. At Rum Point there was an opportunity to buy other beverages.

We are looking for a private tour guide company in Grand Cayman. Has anyone used one?

Was on Grand Cayman last week. Used a company named Stingray Sailing. They were great! Check them out at stingraysailing.com. I highly recommend Chip and Buster and would be glad to answer any questions.

The website is www.caymansafari.com/adventures. Shirley's Email is shirley@caymansafari.com The cost for the tour was $95 (this includes all entance fees and lunch) Our tour was 5 - 6 hours. I think we were at the Botanical park about an hour with Shirley acting as our guide (including tasting buds and smelling crushed leaves). She knows everyone and we quickly found several iguanas. I have been to GC several times and have done the stingrays and turtle tours to Hell before. This was a whole new look at Grand Cayman! Shirley is 6th generation Caymanian and truly is a delight. My friends and I are in our 50s and there was another couple with their 8 y.o. daughter along. Everyone enjoyed it.

jawouds

Thank you again for the information, it is geart help. My and I are in the same age group as you and we have been to GC twice before and like you have done all the other stuff. We both are lovers of iguanas and have had the good fortune to photograph them all over the caribbean :).

Take Care

SafetyDan

My huband took my son to do the blue iguana tour for my son's birthday. My son had a great time...he is a huge lizard (and iguana) lover. Next time my whole family is looking forward to going to Stingray City.

The only negative thing was that the Blue Iguana Sanctuary at the Botanical Gardens is far from the port. My husband left first thing and took a cab to get to the one time a day tour. He barely made it back in time.:eek:

The only negative thing was that the Blue Iguana Sanctuary at the Botanical Gardens is far from the port. My husband left first thing and took a cab to get to the one time a day tour. He barely made it back in time.:eek:

A rental car is highly recommended if you want to go to the Botanical Gardens for just that reason. There are no taxis waiting in the area, so there can be delays for the return trip while you wait for one to arrive from George Town.

A rental car is highly recommended if you want to go to the Botanical Gardens for just that reason. There are no taxis waiting in the area, so there can be delays for the return trip while you wait for one to arrive from George Town.

The taxi wasn't the problem...we had already arranged for the taxi to come back at a certain time. The problem was that there was A LOT of traffic on the way back, a lot more than usual. We always allow extra time in case of situations like this, which helped my husband in this situation. The blue iguana tour was only given at one time, so he couldn't have gone any earlier.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been in contact with Shirley and everything looks good for November :). Thank you for the positive information

SafetyDan

• 4 years later...

We will be 4 seniors and would like a few others to join us if possible. We want to go on a catamaran that is relatively new for a few hours of sailing and snorkeling. Does anyone know of a private company that will do this? Will they put a group together. We will be on the Celebrity Silhouette arriving Grand Cayman Nov. 18. How much do they charge? How many people do they hold. I assume they meet us at and return us to pier. thank you. We are: themayblums. we are at Yahoo.