M Class Sweet 16 Cabins - Lounger on balcony

roe2ship

I'm still a little bit irritated that our Celebrity Suite on Solstice has a huge balcony and only 1 lounger. 3 of us are sharing the suite. We'll have to take turns, I guess. :mad: There are 4 chairs around a table, but they are just straight chairs, no recline, so I can't imagine they would be very comfortable for sitting out on the deck for extended periods of time as we plan to do. Guess we'll have to lie on towels on the deck floor???

We had a Royal Suite on Equinox, which had only one lounger and four straight backed chairs. On the Constellation, there were two loungers provided for the Royal Suite. It is strange indeed to have one lounger available for a good sized suite. Design over passenger comfort I guess as the padded loungers are rather large.

Update: We cruised April 10-17 in Celebrity Suite 1233. Asked for and received an extra lounger within minutes of meeting our butler. A pool lounger was brought down with absolutely no problem. We were so pleased. But I still agree that there should be 2 loungers. The straight backed chairs were actually quite comfortable, but one lounger isn't enough for a suite that size. We liked having the big cushy lounger and the nice pool style lounger, too. There was still a ton of room on our balcony. It was a wonderful cruise!

I highly recommend the celebrity suites on the angle of the hump. Just like the hump A1 staterooms, these suites have super-large balconies. Double the width of standard balcony, and probably 3 times deeper than the standard celebrity suite balcony.

Just to say how popular these cabins are...I booked 7173 for JUNE 2012 I think I got the last of the aft 6....wow! Donna

We had this cabin in March and found it quite "windy". Upon entering the cabin, if the balcony door was open, it was hard to open the door and prevent it from slamming. 7173 faces the elevators/stairs so I'm assuming air pressure funnels through the cabin. 7177 didn't have this problem. We had no problem getting a lounger though but it's a bit of a fishbowl out there with the restaurant above looking into it. I think the sweet sixteens probably offer a bit more privacy plus a straight to the water view as opposed to looking upon the suites below which we had.

The sweet 16 cabins are classified as category 2C.

I noticed that it still lists "Veranda with lounge seating" under the description of the Constellation's 2C cabins on Celebrity's website.

The same for the Summit. Didn't bother to check the other M-class ships, but they probably say the same thing.

I asked our steward for lounger, but was denied. This was after a $20 as soon as he arrived. He said there were plenty of loungers to use at the pool. I felt like saying "Yes, I know. Then please, go get me one!". It didn't make a big deal. If it had more sea days, I'd have pressed the issue. But with only one sea day, we were in port alot. We were also with a large group and our time was spent with them. Used the balcony for pre-dinner drinks, sunsets, etc. Never spent long periods of time out there.

Archived