Baths with a toddler---question

cruisinbanddirectors

I've done a little reading on here about the Baths and it looks like something I'd LOVE to do. Is it feasible with a 3 year old? Are they something you pretty much walk through/around or would swimming be required? Would a life jacket be a good or bad idea for the little guy?

It looks so beautiful!!!

I was just there last week. There is alot of climbing and you can use the stairs if you don't want to go through the boulders but still alot of climbing either way. The beach at the bottom was rough and the waves were knocking people over. Personally I would not attempt this with a small child but I suppose it is possible if you are determined to go.

Actually I think a 3 year old would find it piece of cake - since he can scramble over the rocks better than you and the water IN The Baths is quite shallow. (Of course you would have to keep an eye on him (and possibly bring that life jacket.). There is a really nice spot on the "other" side of The Baths ( just before before you get to Devil's Bay but after you have gone through most of the enclosed Baths rocks) where a 3 year old could safely paddle in a spot that is literally like a bath tub (very protected). I am going to search and see if I can find a picture. If I do I will post it here.

We knew people who did the Baths with an infant (just a bit over a year old) and what they found the most difficult was not transporting her but her "gear" (including a stroller!)

This is a pretty good photo of the area - lots of other good photos on this page:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2662958610055030073DcsHYR

Archived