Different Question about Port to FCO

Mooder

We had a 10:25 flight and were planning to use romeinlimo to get from Civitavecchia to the airport. Our flight has now been pushed back to 1:15 p.m. We could keep our plans the same and just enjoy not having to rush, but I am wondering if there is something more productive/enjoyable to do with the extra time, even if it is just a nice meal somewhere or passing through a lovely area. Romeinlimo says there isn't a lot between the port and the airport so they don't have much to suggest. The only suggestion they did have is to visit Ceri or Bracciano, but they sounded like it would be pushing it in terms of time. Any ideas? I hate to lose any time in Italy!

Yes, Ostia Antica. It's only about five miles from the airport. The ruins open at 8:30 AM, so you'd need to get on the road pretty early (assume about an hour from the cruise port). If your flight is direct to the US, you'll need to be at FCO no later than 11:45 AM, which would give you a good three hours at the ruins.

http://www.ostia-antica.org/

Yes, Ostia Antica. It's only about five miles from the airport. The ruins open at 8:30 AM, so you'd need to get on the road pretty early (assume about an hour from the cruise port). If your flight is direct to the US, you'll need to be at FCO no later than 11:45 AM, which would give you a good three hours at the ruins.

http://www.ostia-antica.org/

Thanks, euro. I would love to see Ostia Antica. Our contact at RIL gave us the impression there was not enough time, but then he is thinking we need to be at the airport by 11 or earlier. It is hard to feel confident if the limo company doesn't if you know what I mean. But I really like your idea. If we get off the ship by 7:00/7:30, it seems doable.

For your flight, I would not be comfortable arriving at FCO any later than 11:00 a.m. You will first have to go to Terminal 5, check in, get your boarding passes, have your passport checked and your bags screened, and go through security.

You then take a shuttle bus to Terminal C for your departing flight.

For your flight, I would not be comfortable arriving at FCO any later than 11:00 a.m. You will first have to go to Terminal 5, check in, get your boarding passes, have your passport checked and your bags screened, and go through security.

I agree and would probably even push that time back to 10:45 arrival at FCO for a 1:15 flight. The airport can get crowded and at times things move s-l-o-w.....

Thanks, 6. That sounds good, I don't like to cut it close. But I'm thinking even with getting there at 11:00, we have 3 more hours than we had when they were going to get us to the airport at 8:00 for a 10:25 flight.

Archived