All-in-one wireless machines

I'm looking for a wireless printer/scanner/copier for home use. I wouldn't use it for photo printing since I have a printer I use for that. But my primary use would be for scanning the thousands of old photos I have. I need 8X10 scanning capability, and would like simple to use (or as close to it as possible). Any suggestions?

I'm looking for a wireless printer/scanner/copier for home use. I wouldn't use it for photo printing since I have a printer I use for that. But my primary use would be for scanning the thousands of old photos I have. I need 8X10 scanning capability, and would like simple to use (or as close to it as possible). Any suggestions?

I just bought an HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 Premium and am using it for the same purpose. I can feed the document feed a stack of 4x5, 5x3, 4x6 or any image up to letter sized and it will scan them to a folder on my PC wirelessly in no time at all. I can scan a stack of 25 or so 4x6s at 600ppi in about a minute. It takes me about 20s apiece to crop and do minor straightening if needed. A tiny fraction of the time it took me on my old flatbed!

It also produces some of the best 4-ink color I've seen and the high-volume ink cartridges last a long time (so far). I wouldn't call it a photo printer, but it is fine for a casual 4x6 or 5x7. Surprisingly good actually. Did I mention fast?

You can print by sending an email to it from anywhere and my Printer Share app on the Droid X finds it on the wi-fi no problem. I think the wireless scanning is the coolest part. I have 802.11n wireless in the house and it scans and prints like any USB printer I've owned, even on the little netbook.

Had it about 2 months now and very pleased.

Dave

Archived