Diaper Changes

trvl_fanatic

I know this may seem like a silly question to ask, since your cabin is fairly nearby, but do cruise ships (particularly the NCL Gem) have changing stations in the public restrooms or "family restrooms"? I've been on multiple cruises before and I dont remember ever seeing them, but then again, we've never needed them before. lol

No, they don't. Public restrooms are "space-conservative", so a drop-down or any kind of changing table is not feasible. Space is a money-maker for the cruise lines...which is why they cram us in and charge $$$$$ for larger cabins! Anyone have info. on the newer "family-friendly" RCI Oasis and Allure?? Do they have diaper-changing stations in public restrooms?

• 2 weeks later...

I've sailed on Royal Caribbean's Freedom of the Seas and there was one change table in the public washroom by the pool and scuba shop. I changed my daughter there once. Otherwise, I always went back to our cabin.

• 2 months later...

Depending on where u are....maybe by the pool I would change baby in my lap with a shirt or towel to cover baby up u kno for privacy if its only a pee diaper. Obviously if its messier that wouldn't fly...

I've done it on a bench at the zoo in a less busy area covered baby up so it wasn't like a free for all show. Lol.

Archived