Wine packages help

downundermatt

I have seen two wine packages available for my Transatlantic Cruise - the Captains Package or the Sommelier's package.

Can someone kindly advise me how many bottles are included in the package, or how I can find out exact options.

I did ask the question on my specific Cruise thread , only to be told this cannot be arranged until you are on board, yet I can see the two packages and prices.

I am trying to decide my best beveridge option.... Thanks

Here is the link from the Celebrity web site for the Wine Packages:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beverage/package/details.do?ComponentTypeId=13&categoryId=18&pagename=beverage_package_details

For the wines available in each package, just "click" on the highlighted blue areas in each package description.

Hope this helps

I have seen two wine packages available for my Transatlantic Cruise - the Captains Package or the Sommelier's package.

Can someone kindly advise me how many bottles are included in the package, or how I can find out exact options.

I did ask the question on my specific Cruise thread , only to be told this cannot be arranged until you are on board, yet I can see the two packages and prices.

I am trying to decide my best beveridge option.... Thanks

Hi,

Here is the packages available. Details of contents can be found in previous post's link.

It appears that I cannot book in advance from My Celebrity although I can do other packages.

Jim

Taste of Vineyards Packages

The Captain's Package

The Captain's Package offers a superb collection of wines suitable for all your tastes and preferences. You may also choose to mix and match wines from the Sommelier's Package to further enhance your enjoyment. Package pricing represents a savings of 10% off regular list prices.

3 Bottles - $148.35 per package

5 Bottles - $247.25 per package

7 Bottles - $343.85 per package

The Sommelier's Package

With the Sommelier's Package, savour premium international selections. Sample wines from Italy such as Bertani®, Renwood® from Washington, and S.A. Prum® from Germany. Package pricing represents a savings of 5% off regular list prices.

3 Bottles - $113.85 per package

5 Bottles - $189.75 per package

7 Bottles - $263.35 per package

Build Your Own Wine Package

A package for the connoisseur. Choose from selections such as boutique California, French Grand Cru and Italian Super Tuscan wines. Also receive a $10 coupon towards our Riedel Comparative Wine Glass Workshop. Limit two per package. Select 3 or more bottles valued at $75 each or more to receive an overall savings of 15%. To purchase this package look for our wine exposition on embarkation day.

These packages were not available on Solstice class when we last sailed - has this changed yet as we would be interested?

Hi,

That is probably why I can't book online. Why advertise them in My Celebrity - booked on the Eclipse - when you can't buy them!!

I searched celebrity site:

"Are the beverage packages offered on all Celebrity ships?

Subject: Beverage Packages

All packages except for the Sommelier and Captain's Wine Packages are available on all Celebrity ships except for Celebrity Xpedition. The Sommelier and Captain's Wine Packages are not available on any of the Solstice-class ships."

Not very helpful especially when the number of Solstice Class ships are increasing & the others reducing!

I also wish to know if this has changed.

Jim

Personally, the wine packages don't appeal to me much in any event. I beeleive the way it works is that you get to choose 3 or 4 (not sure which) bottles of similarly priced wine from a pretty limited selection of bottles in exchange for a average 5 to 10% discount off the individual bottle pricing.

This would be fine if they variety and selection offered is to your liking. But personally we've never found too many wines in their selection to our liking and we'd prefer to forgo the small discount in favor of being able to select from the much broader variety available on the regular wine list.

Also - if you are Select or Elite Captains Club there is often a coupon for small discount on one or two bottles of wine in the coupons provided to those loyalty club levels.

I suspect that the inconsistency in offering these packages, especially by advance purchase, might have to do with the actual wines available on a particular ship or sailing.

If anyone is interested I have a copy of a few wine lists available so you can see a sample of what is being offered:

Archived