Star - Splash Down Kid's Pool Area - pictures?

oliverweagle

Hi there - we are planning a cruise on the Star with our 10 year old DS. I was wondering where I might be able to find pictures (especially of the slides) in the kid's pool area? I looked on the NCL site - but there is not much to see there!

Thank you,

Ollie.

We traveled with a nine year old. She is tall, so she much preferred the front double slides over the kids slide in the back. Her parents did too, since there were many more places to sit. The Kid's spashdown area aft was really windy. The only drawback of the main slide area was that sometimes the band was loud.

Those are the ones by the main pool in the center of the ship on Deck 12. They have a staircase that goes up to a spot and you can go down one of two slides. It usually had a staff member there to monitor and it does get closed during off hours. They land in a small pool of water and between those two landing zones is a small/not deep pool that the kids can also play in. Just in front of the slides are the hot tubs and main pool. There is also a nice area that is stadium like seating so you can keep an eye on the kids.

We love the Star and just sailed on her in December when our little ones were still 2 and 4. We will be going on her again in May and November (our kids will be 3 and 5 for these sailings). Our kids loved the kiddie pool area, but I found that there really wasn't anyone over 5 or 6 there. There were a couple of boys around 10-12 that were in the jacuzzi there, but when they tried to use the little kid water slides, they were asked not to do so by staff. These slides in the back kiddie area have height requirements that are the opposite of other slides- you cannot be over a certain height. It appears as though they try to devote this area to toddlers and preschoolers. My two little ones also loved the bigger slides in the main pool area. The only requirement we were told was that they have to be 6 to go down by themselves, so my DH went with our 2 year old and I went with our 4 year old. The liked to go down by themselves so we spent most of the time in the kiddie area. Have fun!!!!

Archived