Small blow uo pool

DianaAqua

Can we bring a small blow up pool for my 1 year old son? It was really cheap so I would just throw it out at the end of the cruise. Would there be room for this anywhere near the main pool? Has anyone done this or seen it done? It is about 2 feet diameter.

Diana

Star 4/24

I think it would probably be strongly discouraged for several reasons. 1) Generally, there is not that much room around the pools with all the deck chairs. There really isn't much more room than a walkway. 2) Once you've blown your pool up and filled it with water, you're going to have to empty it when you're done and ready to leave the pool area. Where will you store it? Remember, it will be wet and dripping water for quite a while.:eek:

But, if you feel it would be a good idea for your child, bring it and try it out. The worst they can do is say no.;)

Diana

I am assuming you are on the Star Princess since your signature says Star.

Yes, there is plenty of room at the main outdoor pool on deck 14. There is about 12 feet on one end of the pool. The pool is surrounded by a wall that includes the pool and extended space at both ends the biggest end had a statue of whales. There is always about 3 inches of water there and young kids like to just sit in the water there.

The pool is very deep when it is a port. It may say it's 4 1/2 feet deep but I'm 5'7" and I had to sand on my toes just to have it above my mouth. When it's at sea it loses water so it won't be so deep.

I didn't think about where to dump out the water...good point. I called Princess and asked them about the toddler splash pool I had read about. They said it was in the kids center and only a few inches deep with a fountain in it. The rep I spoke to said babies in diapers were permitted in there. That might be my best option.

There was a very long, and sometimes very contentious thread on this topic on RCCI earlier this month.

While some thought it was a horrible idea, others shared that they had done it very successfully. Particularly on RCCI where the rules prohibit any child who is not potty trained from the pools, it seems to be a pretty big deal.

One point from that thread was that if you did decide to try it, set up near a drain. All of the outdoor public decks have drains for the crew to use whist "swabbing" the decks - that is what posters seem to use to drain into.

where did you find the small inflatable pool? im looking for one for our cruise. we will have adjoining balconies so there should be enough room for the babies to splash in it with just a little water. looked all over and can only find larger ones! thanks!

where did you find the small inflatable pool? im looking for one for our cruise. we will have adjoining balconies so there should be enough room for the babies to splash in it with just a little water. looked all over and can only find larger ones! thanks!

Oh no....... One more thing to take away from my balcony experience... Smokers upwind, loud neighbors, and now ... water dripping from the kiddie pool above me....

I know that this will sound like a dumb comment, but if you put the pool on your balcony where will you dump the water? You can't dump it over the side of the ship and it would be too cumbersome to bring it back into the room and dump it in the sink without spilling the water in your room.

we're talking about a VERY small amount of water for a very small baby. probably an ice bucket size amount---could be scooped out and the rest tossed into the shower area.....not planning on "raining" onto people below. that's rude!!! babies are happy with just enough water to splash their hands in--not talking about a full pool like you might be thinking!!! :p

• 1 month later...

Let me know the results, if you bring the pool. I'll be cruising in Nov. with my will be 18 month old and would like to know if I should bother.

Thanks!

Kim

Mariner of the Seas 11/05

Hello,

I brought an inflatable baby pool with us on the RCCL's GOS. We had the Owner's suite and a really big balcony. I used the ice bucket and filled it up. It didn't take to many trips. We used it for a few days, but it started to get a little funky so we dumped it out and let it dry. My next project is to figure out how to keep the water from getting funky. We have an inground pool, so I am pretty sure a little chlorine should do the trick. There is a small drain system that is along the outside of the balcony. just pour it there and it should be ok. Do it at the end of cruise.

There are a lot of crotchedy people out there. Don't let them get to you. I have experienced a few on these boards. I have cruised twice with very small children. It is tougher, but well worth it. You have to be really organized and think of everything. We have our next cruise on Carnival in January( 1st time with CCL). The kids will be 2 and 4. This will be our third time cruising with them. We have been on RCCL (1), Princess (2), and HAL (2). Take Care!!

Archived