2012/2013 brochure

MattyBarlow

Yep! I would dearly like to secure an 175th anniversary cruise but there's no way, at those prices. Exactly the same prices with the online TAs too :mad:

Any predictions anyone? Are they going to be able to sell at those prices?

The thing is, are P&O cheaper once you are onboard? The American ships seem to be expensive for onboard spend. What are prices like on Celebrity ships for drinks, trips etc?

Yes, definitely a lot cheaper onboard than the American lines.

Celebrity drinks are at least double the price. Even with that factored in, the new P&O prices are still very high.

We've only just become P&O fans, with a 2nd cruise booked in October, but looking at the brochure, we'll be back to watching for good deals with whichever line offers them.

The thing is, are P&O cheaper once you are onboard? The American ships seem to be expensive for onboard spend. What are prices like on Celebrity ships for drinks, trips etc?

I can get a basic balcony on a 14 night cruise for £1400 on Celeb. For a similar cruise on P&O its £2100!!!!!!!! If i upgrade to the concierge or aqua class (which are still cheaper than a basic P&P balcony) i get $200 OBC.

I really would have liked to do one of the 03/07 cruises but im not getting ripped off just for the pleasure.

I don't think you'd be being ripped off, Matty. That suggests they've done something dodgy, if not illegal. What they have done is made you an offer that you don't like; but even if you accepted the offer, you wouldn't have been ripped off.

I don't think you'd be being ripped off, Matty. That suggests they've done something dodgy, if not illegal. What they have done is made you an offer that you don't like; but even if you accepted the offer, you wouldn't have been ripped off.

Perhaps ripped off was the wrong statement. However to offer such expensive prices when you can go on a (supposedly) better ship for less money just seems odd.

Not all the prices for the 03/07 cruises are high.

For an inside on Oceana 7 nights Fjords itinerary is just £749pp.

Not much more than I paid for a similar itinerary in an inside cabin 3 years ago.

Feebee_71

How about this for a comparison

2001 Aurora top grade standard balcony cabin £2500 pp

2012 Azura top grade standard balcony cabin £2059 pp

Both 13 night West Med cruises in early August.

So if these prices are high for next year then we have paid over the odds for years.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

On RCI in 2002 one of our table mates (table of 8) was celebrating his 50th Birthday and when the cheese came he asked us all if we'd like to join him in a glass of port? The bill for this $92 (inc the 15%):eek:

Needless to say we did all chip in:)

Just a thought x

I have a suite booked on Oceana for 9 nights in October 2011, total cost through Thomas Cook is £4215 for 2 with £250 OBC but no free car parking. Looking at similar cruise for Oct 2012,this time it is for 10 nights on Arcadia. P&O's new brochure is showing a total price of £3998 with free parking but no OBC. So 2012 looks like it could be cheaper with 1 extra day's cruising.Dennis

I have a suite booked on Oceana for 9 nights in October 2011, total cost through Thomas Cook is £4215 for 2 with £250 OBC but no free car parking. Looking at similar cruise for Oct 2012,this time it is for 10 nights on Arcadia. P&O's new brochure is showing a total price of £3998 with free parking but no OBC. So 2012 looks like it could be cheaper with 1 extra day's cruising.Dennis

This raises an interesting point. You are not comparing like with like. If you study the pricing carefully you will find that the suites on Arcadia are cheaper than on the rest of the fleet. Because, I think, there are more of them.

eg Cruise to USA Aurora suite £8300 Arcadia suite 2 weeks later with 1 extra day, £6200

BTW keep this to yourself, well until after 2nd April.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Archived