Internet Questions

We are new to Regent and are about to book a 2012 cruise on Mariner. I understand that as newbies we will have to pay for internet minutes. Can someone give me an idea of available packages and costs? How efficient is the wireless on the Mariner? Thanks so much for the information.

Sharon

Here are the current costs:

Time Plan #1: $0.45 per minute - 100 minutes for $45.00

Time Plan #2: $0.35 per minute - 250 minutes for $87.50

Time Plan #3: $0.25 per minute - 800 minutes for $200.00

Pay As You Go: $0.75 per minute\

Internet on all ships is fairly slow. Some places in the world can not get satellite access so there are black out areas -- usually not for too long. The best time to use the internet is when others are not . . . like early in the morning or late at night.

I took the 100 minute package for a ten-day cruise last Spring and found that I had to manage my time online very closely, because the connection is pretty slow -- like dial-up, if you remember that. Basically once a day I would compose any outgoing emails offline, then log on, send email, download any incoming, and sign off. That left me with just enough minutes to print boarding passes on the last day. If you plan on doing any extended web browsing, or reading/posting on CruiseCritic, you'll definitely want one of the bigger prepaid packages. Our cruise was on Navigator and I found that the wifi worked well in the suite and most other places throughout the ship.

Eagleslover, after sailing 21 nights on Regent you get free internet and one-hour free ship to shore phone, which are very nice perks. Additional perks come with more nights on Regent.

If your first Regent cruise is 21 nights or more you get those perks when you board.

Also, past passengers get discounts on many itineraries, the amount depends on cabin level.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Archived