Question about Embarkation time in Whittier

jeblaw

We are doing a land tour and then a SB princess cruise this summer. We are scheduled to arrive in Whittier at 1 p.m. on Embarkation day, with ship boarding scheduled from 1pm-7pm and ship sail time at 8:30 pm.

My question is, do we have to board as soon as we arrive in Whittier from our Princess Coach, or would we have time to do an excursion of some sort in Whittier before we need to board the ship. If we have time, what would you propse we do in/around Whittier so as not to be late to check in to our ship/cabin? Or would you recommned that we just check in and board at 1 pm?

Thanks!

Sorry I dont have an answer for this but I am curious as well so I am going to keep an eye on responses! :rolleyes:

We arent doing a land tour, but are flying in to Anchorage the day before cruise and taking the train to Whittier cruise morning. Also considering maybe doing the 26 glacier tour or whatever it is called but am open to other suggestions!

Thanks for asking this question!

When we sailed out of Whittier a couple years ago we were on the ship by noon. The train "station" is right at the cruise terminal.

You don't have to check-in and board as soon as you get there, but I probably would if your schedule permits. You can always get off the ship again to walk around or take an afternoon PWS tour.

Your tour time, is too late for the boat tours, which leave at 1pm. Where are you the night before?? IF in Anchorage, it's a simple fix. Just book yourself on the regular run of the Alaska RR.

Otherwise, you can board your ship ANYTIME. Since you are on a Princess "coach", your bags would have been already ship tagged, and will be transferred to your room.

Archived