Our cruise departs Sunday...what are we forgetting?

timothy998

Our cruise on the NA departs Sunday...we fly to Florida first thing Saturday morning, then we go to our hotel. We have the over-the-door shoe hangars to hold shoes and other things, pop-up laundry baskets, night lights, sunblock & bug spray, flashlights (on a 2004 trip to Japan, EVERY hotel room had at least one), passports, checked-in & printed boarding docs, printed out luggage tags, excursion information & printouts of key documents, bomine, sand toys for the kids, trip insurance, extra cash, dress clothes and casual wear (my wife had to take the kids shopping this week for summer gear--they've grown so much since we could wear summer clothes!). I think we've pretty well covered it...we'll stop for bottled water once we get to Florida, but I'm hoping we aren't forgetting anything important.

bon voyage

airline tickets -- passports -- medications

just a note -- the water on the ship is way better than what we get home -- so why buy bottled water?

E-tickets, medicine all set too. The water is for our excursion in Mexico....

With my medical problems I also pack copys of most recient procedures including labs and xrays. The more information the doctor has the better and in a emergency you or loved one may omit some important information.

Sounds like you forgot to breathe! :D

Seriously, it appears you are set. And, I'm with KK -- so long as you have the essentials (and any prescription or important OTC meds), you should be OK. If you forget something, you'll have an evening before cruise to get it, or probably can get it at one of the ports. And, I know you can get bottled water, and some other things (like benadryl) on board, at a price.

Oh -- and when you first see the ship as you enter the port area, and when you've checked in and are waiting to board, and again when you finally get aboard ... don't forget to tingle at the awesome experience!

Congratulations! Plan for what you can, but then relax and roll with it -- and enjoy your cruise!

Dave

ok, I'll chime in - whatever you forgot you can buy:D as long as your credit cards and debit cards work. Don't forget to call your credit card company and let them know you will be cruising and the ports you will be visiting so you don't get refused as they try to counter fraud.

Same thing with your bank if you plan to use your debit/atm/bank card.

Just a little precaution. We always take a photocopy of our passports so we can leave the originals in our safe.

I have no other words of wisdom to add other than have a wonderful time and a great cruise :):)

I do not know where you are staying but I know there is a Walgreen Drug Store across the street from the Renaissance on th South East 17th Street Causeay and I know there is a CVS about two blocks from the Riverside Hotel on Los Ollas. I mention that because you can pick up that which you will forget. We in Northern Illinois always forget something.

I know this may seem like a weird suggestion, but I always take a couple of bars of deodorant soap with me. The Elemis bar soap is very nice......for the face and hands..but uuhhhh, it isn't good for much else :rolleyes:

I also like using the deodorant soap to do quick hand washes in the sink....swimsuit, a delicate top, etc. Have a wonderful time!!!

Sounds like you forgot to breathe! :D

Thanks Dave...and everybody else! I made it back today from my conference (in Florida of all places) and can collect everyone for our trip back to Florida tomorrow morning...it is more fun planning for 5 of us! Breathing is good...there will obviously be something we need or forget but it never hurts to do a double check.

Two other things I didn't see mentioned - We always bring a 4 x 4 pad of post it notes. Great for leaving messages for the room steward or friends and the other most important thing, don't forget to have a good time and relax. :)

Something to read?

That...and puzzles/books/games for the kids, plus sand toys and sun block. I think we're all set...just a few last minute things and we can sleep tonight knowing there is a Walmart or Target lurking around many corners in Florida!

Thanks everyone...I know we'll have a great, relaxing time. The snow flurries we had this evening here at home are simply the "icing" on the cake...makes it really worthwhile to be headed somewhere warm tomorrow!

Archived