Carnival Freedom Rooms

navybaby1113

We're most likely going to book on the Carnival Freedom tomorrow and I'm trying to pick out a good room. We will be booking an oceanview room. I do not like to be forward on a ship!

Are there any rooms that you would recommend? Any you would stay away from?

I was looking at the deck plans and there are some aft cabins on the main deck that are weirdly shaped. Anyone have any information on these? Are they handicapped cabins? The numbers are 2462, 2470, 2474, 2465, 2473, 2477.

Thanks!

We're most likely going to book on the Carnival Freedom tomorrow and I'm trying to pick out a good room. We will be booking an oceanview room. I do not like to be forward on a ship!

I was looking at the deck plans and there are some aft cabins on the main deck that are weirdly shaped. Anyone have any information on these? Are they handicapped cabins? The numbers are 2462, 2470, 2474, 2465, 2473, 2477.

Thanks!

We alway try to pick midship by the stairs. I also alway's look at the deck plans and see what is above my room are below my room, never get under the pool are weight room Disco etc.

Thanks!

We alway's try to pick midship by the stairs. I also alway's look at the deck plans and see what is above my room are below my room, never get under the pool are weight room Disco etc.

Thanks!

we were on the freedom. get cabin 2470 2473 if availabe great cabin oversized. 2465 is handicapped

Hello, fellow Dreamers. Hard to believe it's been a year already!

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/cruise_control/EMB_guest_specials_requirements.aspx

Here is the website where you can find what rooms are handicapped. Highlighted in blue are HC. As you can see, only one room on Deck 2 is handicapped, and that is 2465.

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl//the_fleet/valor/valor.htm

This is the website where I find stateroom descriptions on all Conquest class ships. On there, I see that 2477 & 2474 have one window, while your other choices all have 2 windows. Mom & I had a room in the same spot as Freedom's 2462 on the Triumph. Different class of ship, so ours was a 1A, so it is smaller (though still a very large room--over 230 sq.ft.). We also had 2 outlets in the room instead of just one! Shh! It's a secret!;) No problems at all with noise from that staff stairway. You can see pics of it in my Triumph review in my signature. Great room for the price; some ship noises we could hear, especially coming into ports. I would go with either 2462 or 2470 if I were you. 2470 looks larger, but you never know.

Thanks for the links everyone! Those were very helpful! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't booking a handicap cabin and taking it away from someone who needed it.

I'm a little worried about the noise and movement in the aft of the ship. The only time we've booked aft was on the Dream and we were on the 7th floor. Never felt too much vibration from the thrusters up there. Any problems with this?

Also, is there any noise being under the dining rooms?

Remarkably little. The floors are carpeted and unless someone dumps a tray of plates you won't hear a thing.

:)

You may feel an occasional vibration if the props aren't exactly synced which happens from time to time.

Remarkably little. The floors are carpeted and unless someone dumps a tray of plates you won't hear a thing.

You may feel an occasional vibration if the props aren't exactly synced which happens from time to time.

Thanks Mach! I appreciate it. I think we're going to take the plunge. I was just a little concerned about the motion and vibration, but it sounds like it won't be a huge problem.

Thanks Mach! I appreciate it. I think we're going to take the plunge. I was just a little concerned about the motion and vibration, but it sounds like it won't be a huge problem.

Excellent! Do us the favor of a report after your cruise!

We are booked in 2470 for January 2012 (couldn't resist it, our friends said they would come and visit us in our "bowling alley"). My DH says the only real noise you should get would be from the thrusters when they are entering or leaving port. Well if you look at the times that they will be going in and coming in, most people might be awake already. But don't take our word for it....it's our first time on the Freedom.

We are booked in 2470 for January 2012 (couldn't resist it, our friends said they would come and visit us in our "bowling alley"). My DH says the only real noise you should get would be from the thrusters when they are entering or leaving port. Well if you look at the times that they will be going in and coming in, most people might be awake already. But don't take our word for it....it's our first time on the Freedom.

Please post pictures when you come back.

Also, is there any noise being under the dining rooms?

We're about to book on the Freedom, too, and are looking at an Upper deck, aft balcony.

I looked at the deck plans and realized that the cabin we wanted is directly above one of the dance clubs.

How much of the thumping bass is going to filter up to the cabins? We are not dance club people and usually are in bed before midnight.

Do we need to fork over a little more $$$ and select midship? I loved midship Riviera on the triumph last year. No noise, no motion. We thought we'd splurge a little and get a balcony, but I really don't want to listen to to loud music till 2 am every night.

(If the music's too loud, then I'm too old:rolleyes: I know, I know)

We're about to book on the Freedom, too, and are looking at an Upper deck, aft balcony.

I looked at the deck plans and realized that the cabin we wanted is directly above one of the dance clubs.

How much of the thumping bass is going to filter up to the cabins? We are not dance club people and usually are in bed before midnight.

Do we need to fork over a little more $$$ and select midship? I loved midship Riviera on the triumph last year. No noise, no motion. We thought we'd splurge a little and get a balcony, but I really don't want to listen to to loud music till 2 am every night.

(If the music's too loud, then I'm too old:rolleyes: I know, I know)

I personally wouldn't want to book above a dance club. I've be concerned about the noise.

I hate to make you worry but I have read a few negative reviews on the aft cabins above the clubs. Perhaps instead of going midship, you might check if there are some the next floor up?

and will talk about it some more tonight when I get off work.

Midship on Upper is less $$ than going up to the Empress level aft. We usually book ES Riviera deck, midship, so moving up to balcony level is already more $$ than we usually spend. but the Freedom out of Fort Lauderdale is considerably cheaper than sailing from Galveston, so it works out about the same.

I've already warned him about the clubs below, so we may have to go with Plan B or C.

• 2 weeks later...

We are booked in 2470 for our cruise on the Liberty coming up. It is not a handicapped it has 2 windows and is much larger than most other rooms. If you search the forums you can find some photos on some other posts. We're not even worried about the small vibrations that some people have felt. We can't wait!

• 6 months later...

Pics of 2470-Conquest when we sailed with our kids once. I always try to get this room. It is huge. The size of a suite. It is a little loud on port days when going in and out of port, but we used that to let us know it was time to get up. Plenty of room. Couldn't get the whole thing in one pic. /we used it for our whole group to hang out at times.

n1024492205_30188715_1622659.jpg?dl=1

n1024492205_30188716_5368975.jpg?dl=1

Archived