For those just back from Caribbean...weather?

Hello,

I booked a cruise on the Oasis for next year, and at first, booked a March 10-17 date. I then changed to a late April sailing, as I wanted to make sure that we had nice HOT, sunny weather.

Well, now I'm thinking of switching back to March, and was wondering, How was the Weather in the Caribbean last week?

Did you have mostly sunny, warm days? Any rain?

Really looking forward to some information, before I switch back to March.

Thank you! Cannot wait to sail on Oasis!!

Hello,

I booked a cruise on the Oasis for next year, and at first, booked a March 10-17 date. I then changed to a late April sailing, as I wanted to make sure that we had nice HOT, sunny weather.

Well, now I'm thinking of switching back to March, and was wondering, How was the Weather in the Caribbean last week?

Did you have mostly sunny, warm days? Any rain?

Really looking forward to some information, before I switch back to March.

Thank you! Cannot wait to sail on Oasis!!

Were on the Serenade last week with stops in Tortola, St. Maarten, St. Kitts, Dominica and Barbados. The weather was fantastic, low to mid 80s every day. We spent most of the day on a catamaran in Barbados (our last stop) and after five five hours of HOT sun, we had had enough. When we got back to the ship we lasted about 15 minutes in the sun on deck 12. After that, we headed for the shade of deck 5.

Thanks Ken,

I actually did actually just change my cruise back to March! I live in Buffalo, NY, and I know how I feel by this date, READY TO GET OUT OF HERE, for awhile anyway! I really didn't want to wait until April.

I love reading cruise critic boards, but sometimes it can make me very confused! Especially when you read reviews about the ship that you are sailing on. People seem to have very different experiences, especially on the Oasis Cruise. Some people say that even though the ship was full, they never ran into alot of crowds, while others say that they'd never sail again on such a large ship! Very confusing, but I HAVE to try this ship, regardless!

Thanks for the reply!

We came back from an 11 day cruise on Jewel last Friday - Aruba, Columbia, Panama, Costa Rica, and Grand Cayman - and weather was in the 80's and sunny the entire time. We had a few scattered rain drops riding the tender back from Grand Cayman but never had any once back on ship. We usually go this time of year and weather has always been great!

Enjoy!:D

We came back from an 11 day cruise on Jewel last Friday - Aruba, Columbia, Panama, Costa Rica, and Grand Cayman - and weather was in the 80's and sunny the entire time. We had a few scattered rain drops riding the tender back from Grand Cayman but never had any once back on ship. We usually go this time of year and weather has always been great!

Enjoy!:D

I'll be heading on the same cruise next month, with Haiti instead of Aruba.

How was the jewel and all the stops? The people? The service? Everything? I'm one of those people that does countless hours of research before a cruise!

I got back about a week from a sailboat trip to the Bahamas it was in the lower 80s most days. March is still winter and you can still get chilly days but odds are more warm than not.. more so if you are sailing south instead of just a Bahamas cruise.

Thanks Ken,

I actually did actually just change my cruise back to March! I live in Buffalo, NY, and I know how I feel by this date, READY TO GET OUT OF HERE, for awhile anyway! I really didn't want to wait until April.

I love reading cruise critic boards, but sometimes it can make me very confused! Especially when you read reviews about the ship that you are sailing on. People seem to have very different experiences, especially on the Oasis Cruise. Some people say that even though the ship was full, they never ran into alot of crowds, while others say that they'd never sail again on such a large ship! Very confusing, but I HAVE to try this ship, regardless!

Thanks for the reply!

I live in Webster, just east of Rochester on the shore of Irondequoit Bay. I don't mind 20 and snow. It's the 35 - 40 range when everything is melting. Ugly, brown, muddy! Glad to get away from that. Last Thursday I was on a catamaran in Barbados. Yesterday I was shoveling 4" of snow.

I am curious about the water temperatures this time of year. We will be in Cuzumel on April 2 and hope we will find the water as warm as we like; we live in southwest Florida and are used to very warm water.

I was scuba diving in Cozumel in March a few years ago. The water temp was in the upper 70s.

Returned two weeks ago from a 5 night Labadee and Jamaica cruise on the Navigator. Two days were at sea. The weather was great, 80's, warm, not windy. I think you'll be fine in March next year but, of course, with weather there never are any sure things.:) We are thinking about booking Freedom for October 16 and have read some threads on hurricanes. I guess you have to hope for the best then as well!

I live here in South Florida and we still will get random cold fronts down here at that time. We're talking about 50's-60's. They blow in and last a day or two and then its warm again.

Last year I went on the Navigator in March and it was too cold while we were cruising. No laying out or swimming in the pool. I was able to lay out on deck with a hoodie and jeans and some people tried to brave it to get a tan but they didnt last very long. Once we got to Mexico it was much warmer but the water was still too cold for me. It can be a totall crap shoot.

Archived