Past Baltic cruisers,bus provided?

nittany lion fan

Any past Northern Europe cruisers (Stockholm, Copenhagen,Helsinki) Did Celebrity provide transportation to the Downtown areas at these ports? If so, did you pay as you boarded or buy from the excursion desk?

OR was it free????(I truely doubt that it was/is) Sailing on the Connie!:)

For sure I know that Celeb had busses available for Helsinki & Tallinn, because we used them in those ports. I recall that we paid in euros or dollars at a booth on the dock in Helsinki and think that there was a Celeb rep taking cash as we boarded bus into Tallinn.

In Stockholm we boarded the HOHO boat to go direct to the Vasa, thereby beating the crowds. In Copenhagen we used public Bus 26, which can be boarded very close to the ship.

Please be aware that the Connie (at least on my itinirary) no longer docks where there is access to the HOHO boats in Stockholm. She docks at Frihamnen. You will need to take a bus to get to town from there. Check for your sailing as each sailing may be docking at a different port / quay in Stockholm depending on the other ship traffic in town.

Please be aware that the Connie (at least on my itinirary) no longer docks where there is access to the HOHO boats in Stockholm. She docks at Frihamnen. You will need to take a bus to get to town from there. Check for your sailing as each sailing may be docking at a different port / quay in Stockholm depending on the other ship traffic in town.

The cruise ship had to change where they were scheduled to stop in the last few hours, and only passengers with shore excursions were able to easily get into Stockholm. It was very windy that day.

Actually my crusie is upcoming. There is a web site for the Stockholm port that shows when and into what Berth the ships will be arriving and when. Some of the other ports have web sites like this too. Copenhagen has one for sure. Here is a link for the Stockholm one. The forum on the ports will usualy have some posting with specific information about the different ports within a city.

General URL:

http://www.stoports.com/

Cruise Ship listings:

http://194.52.202.66:81/scripts/cgiip.exe/WService=portitfw/FartygsLista_eng.html?hamn=Stohab&trafik=2&status=2&Show=Show

The list is long, but all you should need to do is search for your ship name and/or the date you are in that port (in European format YY-MM-DD) within the page.

CELEBRITY CONSTELLATION

Berth F638 FRIHAMNEN

You will also be able to find out what other ships will be in port with you. For instance on July 1st these ships will be in port with the Connie:

PRINCESS DANAE

COSTA DELIZIOSA

In my case, you can also see both of the other ships arrive before the Connie, so trying to "beat the rush" to the Vasa probably won't work out very well and it will probably be better to go in the afternoon.

It does depend on the sailing as the June 19 Connie is scheduled at Stadsgarden, downtown.

Archived