Ruby Princess Lido deck BA cabins

philv

Considering these cabins for next cruise. Can anyone who has cruised in one of these cabins comment or attach photos? I'm wondering why they are BA class like Caribe deck. Do they have the large baconies like Caribe?

Considering these cabins for next cruise. Can anyone who has cruised in one of these cabins comment or attach photos? I'm wondering why they are BA class like Caribe deck. Do they have the large baconies like Caribe?
Small, covered balconies. They are BA because there is the perception that the higher the deck, the better the location, which isn't necessarily true. These cabins are also near the pool and grill/pizza so some people like to be in that location. If you tend to be motion sick, a cabin on a higher deck forward is probably the location you don't want to be.

I much prefer a BB towards the aft on Caribe deck since I never go to the pool, it's closer to the elevator to the buffet, the dining room, and Skywalkers, but everyone has different priorities.

We had a cabin on Lido BA ~ Emerald Princess. Good location - only complaint ~ the cabin was on the port side - so a lot of cigarette smoke collected in the hallway from the lido pool/bar area ~ So if that would be a concern for you and your family the starboard side may be a better choice.

It depends how you like to spend your time on board.

We like that location because we swim several times a day, including in the against the current machine in the spa pool. Then we can sun and read on our balcony and not fight the chair hogs on the pool deck.

We also like to sit on our balcony with a glass of wine and a snack of fruit and cheese or smoked salmon before late traditional dining. Easy to run out for snacks!

On our last cruise we tried Caribe and liked that too. No question those big balconies are lovely! We were way aft and spent lots of time at the terrace pool, and went to Vines more often before dinner.

I find it interesting that if you move around you really get to experience different parts of the ship.

We have had BA cabins on the caribe deck for the last several cruise on the Ruby. Love them. The baloncy is larger than any other deck. Also they are half covered and half in the sun. I love sitting in the sun for a while and then moving to the shade. It the best of both worlds. These cabin are in the middle of the ship and near the center elevators. It is not that long of walk to the back elevators to go to the buffet. You need the exercise going and coming from the buffet.

Pam also in Calif.

Archived