RCI "choice air" for transatlantic cruises?

For our TA, we do not have the option of arriving in London prior to the cruise and will be heading to Harwich right from Gatwick. Tampa has one direct flight on BA, so I'm thinking of using Choice Air since there's already risk involved.:o

Can you tell me what insurance you bought? I wasn't sure if buying trip insurance would refund Choice Air if we missed the one and only flight out.

Also, does Choice Air Plus buy you anything more than delaying your air payment?

Choice Air Plus is personalized service from a person you can speak to on the phone. Not related or required delay the payment.

Delaying the payment is called "Flex", and is selectable on the Choice Air website.

We just booked Gatwick to Tampa direct on BA through Choice Air after our Fort Lauderdale to Harwich TA - $650

Now that's the kind of price I'd love to see!

Yes it's a very good price, when I search fares on any on-line site, the London to Tampa non-stop is at least $1,000. So for us the Choice air was the way to go.

For our TA, we do not have the option of arriving in London prior to the cruise and will be heading to Harwich right from Gatwick. Tampa has one direct flight on BA, so I'm thinking of using Choice Air since there's already risk involved.:o

Can you tell me what insurance you bought? I wasn't sure if buying trip insurance would refund Choice Air if we missed the one and only flight out.

Also, does Choice Air Plus buy you anything more than delaying your air payment?

Insurance coverage can vary according to the company and the particular policy. Your best bet is to ask specific questions of the insurance agent selling you insurance regarding what the policy will cover and what it won't and read the policy very closely to be certain of what you need to do in the event you miss your flight, your flight is delayed or whatever other contingency could cause you to miss your cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

so just to understand better, the big issue with choice air is that it is a 3rd party (like hotwire, kayak, etc), so if your connecting flights are delayed or canceled, there is not much you can do about it, correct?

by booking nonstop, you would be avoiding these issues?

I am planning to fly MIA-FCO (Rome). I found airberlin for about 540usd pp one way. Choice air had a nonstop for a very similar price.

• 4 weeks later...

Am looking at booking Choice Air for my TA to Barcelona. Phoenix to Barcelona (one way) $597 and then I can get from New Orleans to Phoenix by booking directly through Continental for $124. $721 per person is not a bad deal at all. And that's booking Flex Fare for the Choice Air portion...

Archived