Karl "with a K"

alleghator

Karl was a social host on the Paradise in late 2003.

*Much* better than that sorry excuse for a cruise director, Jeff Bronnnnnnnsonnnnnnnnnnn.

We had a great time with Karl with a K on the bar crawl... I think :confused: Well, that's what they tell me anyway :D He really was a lot of fun, first time I have really enjoyed a social host... he made sure everyone was having a great time...

He was on our cruise in May 2003. Is he still around? Anyone know who I'm talking about?

--Heidi

I too saw this guy on the Miracle this year. It should Carl with a C for crappy.

Steve

If I want to see a Benny hill type,I will watch Benny hill

I too saw this guy on the Miracle this year. It should Carl with a C for crappy.

Steve

If I want to see a Benny hill type,I will watch Benny hill

Steve, it's so odd for you to be so negative :confused: ;) :D

Karl with a K was training on our Victory cruise in 2002. Boy was he very quiet back then, Someone taught him well. Lots of people find him annoying but I can say that with all the social hosts he is the only one we have ever encountered that will see taht his audience gets involved. If youlook at Karl in that light you will see him differently.

I sailed on the Miracle May 2004 and Karl was great!!!!! Alot of energy and tons of fun!!! We're sailing on the Victory this May and i could only wish that we'll have as good of social crew as what we had on the Miracle!!

Gotta love those ties:)

Terri

Okay, I've come to realize that a social director is NOT going to be "cool"... they have to geek themselves out somewhat to get the crowd involved... but Karl with a K really got people involved... I am not easy to get involved in the "dorky" stuff.. but found myself doing it on the Miracle... he is just so daggon persistent!!! He really did make it fun... as dorky as he may have been !LOL! I was glad I finally got involved... really made the cruise even more fun!!!

He's probably got one of the hardest public jobs on the ship. Guess he's trying to work his way up the ladder to someday become some type of cruise or resort director. First time I saw him I thought he was a big dork, but after watching him all week I got a better appreciation for what he was doing. Hey, have you ever done something out in public that you know is not really getting the response you'd like, but still have to do it. Also, if you want to know something about these cruise people, next time, start talking to them. They love it....

Jim

Jim, You are totaly right, My Dad is the kinda of guy that's loves to talk to new people and He can get really boring (LOL), But Karl listen to him as long as he wanted to talk and that made my dad happy.

I say Keep up the good work Karl!!!!!

Karl "with a K" was on the miracle in july 2004 on my cruise and i as soon as i met him i thought he was the best! I am a 17 year old girl and i justed loved everything about him...he was cute, funny, and very friendly! There was not a day where he was not joyful and energetic! He always got his audience involved and made sure they were having a great time. I enjoyed everything about Karl that when i had to get off the ship on the last morning of the cruise I started to cry. To this day I still MISS him so much and i always think about him. I even took a nice picture with him and put it in a frame. Does anyone know what ship he will be moving to after the Miracle?...if anyone does know please let me know. I am really hoping to be able to get to go on another cruise with Karl as the host again!...thanks!

*~Dana~*

Karl was a social host on the Paradise in late 2003.

*Much* better than that sorry excuse for a cruise director, Jeff Bronnnnnnnsonnnnnnnnnnn.

O boy now you are bringing back memories for me!!!! I went on the Paradise in 2003,march I think,anyway and Karl with a K was on there and so was Jeff I want to be a french man Bronson. for some reason or another Karl reminded my DH of a smurf( furry blue cartoon from the early 80's) I have no idea why.But everytime karl came into the room DH would start to singing the stupid song from the smurfs.

Jeff was just so annoying,he thought he was the greatest but really he was a bore!

We had micheal maulane for the second time and he has improved since last year and so has the crew on the spirit 150%

• 2 weeks later...

This is a really cool msg board!

Karl is great! i worked with him for about 6 months when i was on the Paradise in 2003/04. Not only is he a fellow Englishman but hes a great guy! Hes also very professional, u may not think so by the way he acts but really, hes very quite and actually quite shy unlike Jeff who is just crazy like that all the time lol if i bump into Karl again i'll let him know he has some fans hehe ;)

Mark

I was wondering where Karl was at! Time to talk hubby into a cruise on the Miracle! :p

We sailed with Karl with a "K" on Pride in 2002, and again on the Paradise in 2003. He lovingly gave my best friend Cindy and I the nickname "Trouble-makers". Who us??? :D

Has anyone heard him sing?? He did a variety show on the Paradise, it was great!! The guy can sing! He did everything from Elvis to Roy Orbison, to Elton John.

I uploaded pictures of his variety show, you may view them at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/mclorrie

We had Karl with a K on the Paradise 2003 and Skippy on the Sensation 2002 and Victory 2004. They were better than the actual cruise directors. We spoke to them at length when they were mingling and they were very down to earth and pleasant young men. You have to remember it is their job to entertain and they have to meet the needs of babies to seniors all day everyday. I give them credit since they are "on" all the time!

Archived