Veendam Questions

Spender Nui

PLEASE ... THIS IS NOT INTENDED TO BE ANOTHER DRESS CODE MARATHON.

I have 2 questions and would appreciate factual input. I'm trying to decide whether to bring a suit or a tux.

On last year's sailings to Bermuda were there many tuxes? Any % estimates?

Has anyone ever sent their suit/tux out for pressing upon boarding to have for formal night the next evening? If so how did it work?

Thanks for any help.

i read many of the reports that people wrote when they got back from bermuda last year -- very few men wore tuxedos

now as for cleaning and pressing a tuxedo on the ship -- we have done several long cruises where dh had to send out huis tuxedo -- it came back beautiful - no problems

I wore my tux, and was in the minority, but I don't care about that. You will be fine in whichever you prefer to wear.

I have to say that I was a little surprised when there were many more tuxes, percentage wise, on our recent Eurodam cruise to the Caribbean. I would have thought a Caribbean cruise would be a bit less formal than a Bermuda cruise, but it was the other way around.

Regarding pressing, I usually hang my jacket or tux in the bathroom and crank up the shower to full "Hot". A few minutes of steam gets the wrinkles out.

I did send some golf shirts out to the laundry on the Veendam, and one white shirt cam back scorched, so be careful.

Thanks for the response. Am I correct that he sent it out upon boarding? I too have done this but never when boarding.

Hubby sent both his suit and Tux out for "refreshing" on embarkation day and they came back the next day. He was thrilled with the service.

Joanie

Archived