Recap of first-time-ever NCLer going on EPIC . . .

DGP1111

I'm sure it's been done before, and probably with even greater numbers, and success, but this was totally cool to me.

Three separate households, from different States, arriving outside the continental US on different ships, and all having met through Cruise Critic, and all having sailed together previously.

A huge Thank You to my four wonderful friends for making this happen. (and you, to, DJ, for giving Mom & Dad 'permission') :D

It IS cool isn't it??

WAY cool :)

Besides all that I have learned, I have made some wonderful friends through this sometimes frustrating web site and I am eternally greatful, so I totally understand how you feel.

Edited by halos

Great close up of the aft balcony's now if I only knew which floor was which I could hone in on my very own 10th floor balcony....luvin this review....:D

slotaddict, see where the metal is for the window washers right above that is the first row of aft balconys, that is deck 13 im in that very first one on the left its cabin 13278 if that helps you and the one under me is 12310 my daughter is in that one

debbie

Thank you so much for this review Don. My fiance and I are spending our honeymoon on the Epic this summer and are getting so excited reading your fantastic review. One question for you (and anybody else who would like to help us :)). If we only wanted to 'splurge' on three of the specialty restaurants, which three would you recommend. We enjoy all sorts of food. We were thinking Spiegel (for the show mostly), Cagney's and Moderno. What are your thoughts?

Those are the same three we decided to splurge on as well. We don't leave for another 3 weeks yet, but they did sound the best tome as well....Have a great wedding and honeymoon...Congrads a little early:)

Would it be wrong for me to hate you? On Saturday I'll be in a hospital bed starting my recovery from spinal surgery. I MUCH prefer what you'll be doing. :) Have a great trip!!!

Mike, wishing you a speedy recovery! I do hope the surgery goes well for you.

slotaddict, see where the metal is for the window washers right above that is the first row of aft balconys, that is deck 13 im in that very first one on the left its cabin 13278 if that helps you and the one under me is 12310 my daughter is in that one

debbie

Thanks thats what I thought....getting so excited...I am on the end balcony on the 10th floor....and as I suspected the end balconys look just a tad larger than the others, with the exception of the suites....

1215504539_HA7nS-M.jpg

I'm sure it's been done before, and probably with even greater numbers, and success, but this was totally cool to me.

Three separate households, from different States, arriving outside the continental US on different ships, and all having met through Cruise Critic, and all having sailed together previously.

A huge Thank You to my four wonderful friends for making this happen. (and you, to, DJ, for giving Mom & Dad 'permission') :D

Great shot of all of you!!!

I have to 100% agree that CC is a pretty amazing place. I have met some wonderful people here and we stay in touch almost daily via facebook. I've yet to sail with them but we are working on it!!

Now, of course I am trying to convince all of you (Linda and DJ too) to change your sailing to Dec 10th so that we can all sail together;) I tell you, Linda and I would have a lot to talk about when it comes to our special kids!

Great close up of the aft balcony's now if I only knew which floor was which I could hone in on my very own 10th floor balcony....luvin this review....:D

This thread shows a lot of different outside shots if you want to try your luck. If you feel like going through the whole thread yours or at least one close may show up.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1242766

Well now I'm even more exited for my 4/9 Epic sailing! I'm also in a studio. I've previously done one Royal and 11 Carnival, so I'm looking forward to doing something different. I'm just bummed I'm 6 pounds too heavy for the Spider Web lol! Well, it's not really intended for 34-year-women is it:) Look forward to the rest of the review!

Don, your review was totally entertaining and quite reassuring. We are going in June and everything I was reading was making me apprehensive. So thanks!!!!! I would love to hear more from TnC aboutm the courtyard area, as that is where we will be.

Thanks again, Roz

Don, your review was totally entertaining and quite reassuring. We are going in June and everything I was reading was making me apprehensive. So thanks!!!!! I would love to hear more from TnC aboutm the courtyard area, as that is where we will be.

Thanks again, Roz

Hi Slotmomma3,

Looks like we'll be on the same cruise in June! We can't wait!!!

I am still LOVING this Don! An excellent report...I am so enjoying the stories and the pictures and some past memories! I had milk come out my nose when I saw your men's toilet picture. It came out easy because I too had water up the nose from the first purple slide last October. Hey, I just put two and two together when I went over to the roll call boards earlier this evening. We are on the same sailing/ship next year. Wooo-Hoooo! Looking forward to meeting you in person!

coka:D

Well then, we are in for a real treat because both of you write amazing and entertaining reviews.

Is it on the Star? If so when? We're doing a B2B in March of 2012

Edited by Why Knot Me

Hello, all!! Yes, I'm still alive. :) Sorry for the unplanned pause in posting. It's been a wild last two days fer sure.

If you recently observed the national weather for Florida, you probably saw some central areas having two days of very severe thunderstorms with extremely high winds (some gusts of 80-100 mph), several areas losing power, and some also experiencing property damage.

That would be me, me, and me. :(

Luckily, when it was over - it was over. Whew!

Beautiful weather today for the roof/shingle people to do their magic getting everything back to normal.

So now back to attempting some more of my recap of the wonderful EPIC sailing.

Just a bit of hodge-podge posting until I get into a groove . . . .

I mentioned earlier that Spice H2O (aft adult area) had some limited breakfast items in the morning, but there is also a daily menu available later in the day.

1215562225_izNPf-XL.jpg

1215562232_ceQFm-XL.jpg

I also really liked that in the various buffet dining areas, you didn't have to manage your rolled silverware while obtaining your food selection. Right there on your table, with the standard condiments, was a small stack of silverware for your convenience. Thanks, NCL! (and also thanks for carrying Heinz Ketchup) :)

1215564363_DGXHe-L.jpg

Glad you're ok,

what's up with all the nasty weather along the east coast?

Glad to hear that you are safe and sound Don.

Thanks!! :)

Yep, it appears that the South got a wind/rain slamming, but the poor Northeast got that awful out-of-nowhere snow storm. Yowza!

I can only imagine the number of people who have loudly cursed the name of Punxsutawney Phil this week.

Dumb rodent.

I was not affected by this in any way, shape, form, or fashion . . . but my sailing on EPIC did certainly confirm that NCL was not exempt from the infamous chair hogs. :D

1215499173_uuYEw-L.jpg

1215499464_dhK65-L.jpg

is it like that everywhere on the ship?!? even at Spice H2O?!?:confused:

If you happen to desire floral for gifting during the cruise, wrapped single-stem red roses, and dozen bundles, are available next to the podium at O'Sheehan's. Early in the week they were actually really good quality, but (as might be imagined) there were looking a little more 'sad' near weeks end.

1215507559_dBVmK-L.jpg

is it like that everywhere on the ship?!? even at Spice H2O?!?:confused:

Definitely not - - or at least not on this sailing. :)

There are SO many locations to find lounge chairs throughout the day. These were just those perceived 'prime' spots along pool perimeters, etc., that had the very early risers claiming their turf.

Sure there were a few people disaapointed to realize they, too, couldn't grab that premium real estate, but I never heard a single unkind word being said about the situation. I've been on a few ships where it came close to a hair-pullin', but that was nowhere near the case here. Thank goodness.