Frequent cruiser programs

sabaka

I have just been thinking about the past cruises we have done and realized several are on Carinival Corpoartation ships. In the 80's we took a Carnival cruise,in the 90's 2 Celebrity and since 2003 we have cruised with Seabourn, Princess and now HAL. Since they are all owned by Carnival do we get any perks from this? I realize that the Pre 2000 cruises are most likely to old to qualify for anything. Total cruises with Carnival since 2002 are 4, total days are 28. Any infomation on this would be appreciated!

Each division of Carnival Corp. stands on its own with regard to repeat passenger programs. You won't get credit for sailiings on Princess, for instance, toward your number of days sailed on HAL recognition. What you DO get is the past passenger discount.

The fact that those cruises you took were a number of years ago would not preclude them from counting toward your total number of days IF they had been on HAL. They could have been decades ago and would still count.

But....Only days sailed on HAL count in the HAL Mariners' Program.

Any cruises taken on any of the Carnival Family of Ships (Cunard, Carnival, Costa, HAL, Princess, Windstar, and Seabourn) would entitle you to repeaters' discounts but that is all.

What is the qualification for the Mariners program on Hal? I just received a piece of mail from HAL for my mother who has passed away. I noticed she had a mariners # and I was curious after reading this post what the difference was between past guest and Mariner.

What is the qualification for the Mariners program on Hal? I just received a piece of mail from HAL for my mother who has passed away. I noticed she had a mariners # and I was curious after reading this post what the difference was between past guest and Mariner.

Past cruisers on non_HAL lines owned by Carnival are entitled to what they call Vacation Interchange Privileges - discounts on some HAL cruises not available to the general public. Mariners are past cruisers who have sailed with HAL at least once. In addition to the VIP discounts, there are additional (perhaps 5%) savings offered on selected cruises.

I thought Celebrity was under ownership of RCI but I could be wrong.

Yes, you are correct. RCI bought Celebrity several years ago.

This is what I wrote about the Carnival Family of Ships:

Any cruises taken on any of the Carnival Family of Ships (Cunard, Carnival, Costa, HAL, Princess, Windstar, and Seabourn) would entitle you to repeaters' discounts but that is all.

In addition to the VIP discounts, there are additional (perhaps 5%) savings offered on selected cruises.

The free drink, Dave! Don't forget the free drink at the Mariner's Party!

On the second and subsequent HAL cruises Mariners are invited to the repeaters' party when they get a free drink and the good cocktail nuts.

Lucky you!

Off to fun in de sun, and I'm here freezing my tushie off!

Make sure you have one for me (and a margarita).

:)

Ahhh Yes Margaritas:) my third drink of choice:p 4th drink of choice is any type of coffee drink with liquor. I hear they are serving some nice flaming one in the Ocean Bar.

Now Vic as far as freezing your tushie off you need to be here in Vegas it is about 80 degrees but if you can't get here you need to have a car with tushie warmers:eek: It actually is absolutely beautful here in Vegas today, just a teaser for me for next week.

Lisa.......

Please have one (or more ;) ) for me, too!!

--------says 'sail' with a pout on her face!!

Lucky You!! :cool: Hope you have a great time. Your countdown is VERY short!!

Archived