Balmoral - 27th May 2011

We have just booked this 3 night mini-cruise to France.

We have heard good reports about this cruiseline and thought this would be a good cruise to sample the ship etc.

The cabin has twin beds at 'funny angles' not the regular side by side, has anyone any experience of these. As we are only on board for 3 nights we thought 'what the heck' give it a go as we didn't want to spend too much on a better cabin........

As there isn't a specific roll-call for Fred anyone else going?

Val & Dave

We are on this one too. Main holiday this year is to Canada but we fancied a mini break and this one fitted the bill. We were on Balmoral last year to the Arctic and in fact (by a fluke) we are in exactly teh same cabin this year.

Should be a nice weekend break.

Some cabins have single beds at right angles to each other because of the configuration on the cabin. We didn't have any complaints about this. Although I have never taken a mini-cruise I have cruised several times on this ship and I will be surprised if you are disappointed. I think it is a lovely vessel. :)

The cabin has twin beds at 'funny angles' not the regular side by side, has anyone any experience of these.Val & Dave

We were in a cabin with this configuration for three weeks and weren't sure how we'd like it either. But it was fine and felt more spacious; it was also easier to look out of the window. I think we'd choose the same cabin again.

Hi Simon, Parsman, & Cally,

Thanks for the information.

Simon - we were in Canada last year visiting my sister and we did an Alaskan cruise with Princess, whereabouts are you going in Canada? We went to Penticton in BC and did the cruise from Seattle.

Parsman - I think I have read some of your reviews about the ship on Cruise Critic and this seemed the perfect way to sample a Fred Olsend ship.

Are there tea/coffee facilties in each cabin, if there are, are the beds close enough for me to nudge Dave to make me a cuppa?...

Val & Dave

The cabins are relatively cozy so nudging will not be a problem. Yes, there are tea/coffee making facilities on all Fred. Olsen ships which are topped up twice daily. Sadly, one of the cutbacks of late is that there aren't any biscuits now. Still, there is plenty to eat on board.

• 2 months later...

there aren't any biscuits now

oh dear :-( I love a bikkie with my morning cuppa (P&O own brand biscuits were particularily nice) Shall I pack a few packets of Hobnobs, or are biscuits available in the buffet restaurant at coffee time?

Archived