Price difference!

Cruising Carnival for the first time next month, not familiar with how Carnival gives credit or upgrades if their is a cheaper price for the cruise same category. Booked directly with Carnival, no TA! Just found the price difference and just missed talking with someone closed til tomorrow. Just wondering if anyone has had to deal with the same situation? Outcome?

If you booked Early Saver and it is before final payment you can have the price reduced. If you are after final payment you will get a credit. In either case, just fill out the form. No need to call carnival. If you didn't book early saver and you are outside of final payment just call the 800 number which is open all the time and they will credit your account.

I have gotten so many price drops my husband teases me that they are going to have to pay me!! I do check the prices everyday at least twice a day as if it is my job.

Good luck!

I see you're doing a 6 day cruise. If you booked it in the past 5 months or less, then Early Saver was not an option. Being so close to your cruise, I assume you have paid in full. If you aren't ES, then you can only possibly try to get an upgrade but absolutely no obc.

I'm doing a lot of assuming so I'll wait til you reply back.:cool:

If you booked Early Saver and it is before final payment you can have the price reduced. If you are after final payment you will get a credit. In either case, just fill out the form. No need to call carnival. If you didn't book early saver and you are outside of final payment just call the 800 number which is open all the time and they will credit your account.

I have gotten so many price drops my husband teases me that they are going to have to pay me!! I do check the prices everyday at least twice a day as if it is my job.

Good luck!

Where is this "form"? I have been looking all morning and cannot locate anything.

What are the steps to get the OBCs?

Where is this "form"? I have been looking all morning and cannot locate anything.

What are the steps to get the OBCs?

I'm way to lazy to type so I'm pasting a post I made on a previous thread:

First, check your documents and make sure you are indeed Early Saver rate.

Then, as often as you can stand, check the fareviewer: http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer

On that page you enter the total of your CRUISE ONLY for all people in your cabin. Then compare to the current prices of your category room you booked.

If you find your category now listed as cheaper than what you paid, you submit this form and keep your fingers crossed: http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestf...SaverForm.aspx

If you haven't yet paid in full they will deduct the difference from your current remaining balance. If you have paid in full, then you get the difference in OBC.

If you see a higher category room listed for LOWER than your current category, then you can opt to upgrade or stay put and get the difference in OBC.

**If you booked with a TA outside of Carnival, then you still have to do the leg work, but if you find the lower price, take a screen shot and send it to your TA and they have to submit the form.

Hope that was understandable?? :)

Then, as often as you can stand, check the fareviewer: http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer

On that page you enter the total of your CRUISE ONLY for all people in your cabin. Then compare to the current prices of your category room you booked.

If you find your category now listed as cheaper than what you paid, you submit this form and keep your fingers crossed: http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestf...SaverForm.aspx

If you haven't yet paid in full they will deduct the difference from your current remaining balance. If you have paid in full, then you get the difference in OBC.

If you see a higher category room listed for LOWER than your current category, then you can opt to upgrade or stay put and get the difference in OBC.

**If you booked with a TA outside of Carnival, then you still have to do the leg work, but if you find the lower price, take a screen shot and send it to your TA and they have to submit the form.

HELP -- Where on the cruise docs does it show what rate you booked? Mine just has fare and taxes and fees listed. Does the fare engine include taxes and fees?

HELP -- Where on the cruise docs does it show what rate you booked? Mine just has fare and taxes and fees listed. Does the fare engine include taxes and fees?

Fare viewer does not include taxes and fees. If you go into your booking, and click on the tab that says "My billing", it will show you the breakdown. Compare only the cruise fare. AND, if you have more than two people, do the comparison for two people. Once you put in 3 or 4, it averages out the price across the 3 or 4, when, in actuality, the first two are still more expensive and 3 & 4 get a discount.

P.S. If you can't find if you're early saver, fill out the form anyway - then if/when they reject it, you'll know you're not early saver - LOL! And if it's before final payment date, and you're not early saver, call them and see about getting the new lower fare.

Fabulous!

Thank you so much :)

Must go look now!

P.S. If you can't find if you're early saver, fill out the form anyway - then if/when they reject it, you'll know you're not early saver - LOL! And if it's before final payment date, and you're not early saver, call them and see about getting the new lower fare.

Thank you so much...No lower fares yet but I keep checking every day. I thought I got a darn good deal at the 1219 for 7 days

I just checked this morning, called Carnival and on one of my cabins, it cost me $10.00 more, but I received $100 OBC:)...chachinggg

My other cabin was Senior rate and the price had been reduced by $120.:Dchachinggg

I made final payment after that...

Thank goodness for Cruisecritic...Wealth of info

What did you have to pay $10 more for? I'm new to the whole Early Saver thing, but I keep checking and the price keeps going down, a little at a time...

I just checked this morning, called Carnival and on one of my cabins, it cost me $10.00 more, but I received $100 OBC:)...chachinggg

My other cabin was Senior rate and the price had been reduced by $120.:Dchachinggg

I made final payment after that...

Thank goodness for Cruisecritic...Wealth of info

I have been checking the fareviewer twice a day for a while now. Today when I checked it said " no rates available for your selections." I clicked all the same things I always do. Any ideas or just a website glitch?

This can mean that your category is sold out (for your passenger capacity in the cabin). You can upgrade if a higher category falls, but keep checking because cabins do open up occasionally if people change cabins/upgrade, etc/

What did you have to pay $10 more for? I'm new to the whole Early Saver thing, but I keep checking and the price keeps going down, a little at a time...

I'm new to this too...

I called Carnival directly to ask if there had been a price decrease or eligable for OBC..She checked my cabins and the Senior rate had went down so we got that decrease but was not able to get the OBC...

She checked my other cabin (booked during a 72 hour sale) and it was available for OBC...BUT the price was $5.00 PP higher...So it cost me $10 more to get the OBC:)

I've never filled out the form online...May try that next time...

Hope this helps

Archived