Upsell Fairy called

golfb4cruzing

Watching TV today and Carnival Cruise Lines popped up on the screen. Yes it was the Fairy. Ran to the phone (okay more of a faster than usual walk)

Hello

Can I speak with Mr. SO & SO

Speaking.

This is don't remember calling from Carnival Headquarters in Miami

Okay (How Much?)

I have an offer just for you

That's great (How much)

You are sailing on 4/3 aboard the Legend in an 8K (Deck 7)for XXX dollars

(How much?)

I have an upgrade offer for you to the Penthouse Suite 6178

(How much?)

It has XX square feet, private balcony, large bathroom with shower/jacuzzi and bidet

(I am kinda partial to warm water shooting my backside...How much?)

I can get that upgrade for you for just 1100.00 today

Things are kinda tight right now.

Well you could talk it over with your wife

She's out shopping at the moment (read in the livingroom on the couch)

Well I will put you on hold and you can call her

She forgot her cellphone. SO I think I'll have to pass

Well if you change your mind I'll put my extension in your sailing history.

Goodbye.

$1100.00 sounds like another cruise to me.

But I was excited to get called by the Fairy.

Sounds like a rehersed script because my call was the same. Just change the sailing and the amount. They wanted $520 to up-grade from my 8E to a Junior Suite. When I checked on line I could have booked it myself for $6 more! To top it off the price went down two days later.

I told the saleswoman that for $520 I could do another short cruise and she argued with me! I told her to check our last cruise out of Charleston which was $199pp. Her answer to that was "who wants to go on a 5 day cruise?". Can't say I'm impressed with their sales technique!:eek:

Sounds like a rehersed script because my call was the same. Just change the sailing and the amount. They wanted $520 to up-grade from my 8E to a Junior Suite. When I checked on line I could have booked it myself for $6 more! To top it off the price went down two days later.

I told the saleswoman that for $520 I could do another short cruise and she argued with me! I told her to check our last cruise out of Charleston which was $199pp. Her answer to that was "who wants to go on a 5 day cruise?". Can't say I'm impressed with their sales technique!:eek:

I think I must have had the same woman! For our Legend cruise last Nov, I finally got the call...upgrade from 8K (with the bowling alley balcony) to the Penthouse Suite...for $900! I told her $900 will but alot of drinks...she told me I could drink when I got home!:rolleyes:

OP, needless to say, you made the right decision, and love the way you presented the call! LOL!:p

Archived