Ruby - aft balcony B749 - good/bad?

Ronsangel

Hi everyone,

DH and I will be sailing on our FIRST Princess cruise (previously sailed RCCL) April 24th and were just assigned B749 from our balcony guarantee. I see that it's aft corner and was wondering if anyone has experience in this cabin, and if so, what should we expect? DH has some motion sickness issues (will be wearing a patch though) and just want to be sure the motion won't be too extreme.

Also, has anyone done the UBD on this balcony...is it loud??

We're so excited...only 27 more days to go!

Make sure you have your reservation marked no upgrade now! It is a great balcony! We just left that cabin yesterday! Perfect for UBD!

We had six people seated and two small tables on it most of the week!!

Toddy709 - thanks so much for the reply! I just emailed my TA to ask her to mark it no upgrade. How was the bed? I'm hearing lots about super firm matresses. Any tips or suggestions for us as first time Ruby (and Princess) cruisers?

Hey Ronsangel,

First let me say I hope you love it as much as I did. If you have Alejandra as a cabin stewardess, she is lovely -- always smiling!

The bed is hard! Request an eggcrate mattress as soon as you see your steward. It helps a little. We had two unusually rough days for the Caribbean and our cabin creaked a lot. You could even see where somebody inserted a shim between the crown molding and the ceiling! If you have typical Caribbean weather you will be fine.

There is noise from the wake but I would compare it to hearing a waterfall. It is not enough to impede conversation on the balcony and I think it would be a lovely balcony for the UBD!

Even with the rough seas the first two days, this cruise ranked pretty high on my favorites list!

As a first timer on Princess, don't miss the International Cafe on Deck five, and go to the Crown Grill ($25 pp and well worth it) and ask for Ovi for your waiter -- we girls in the group are still drooling:D!!!!!

Stick with it. We had B748, same cabin opposite side, on Crown. The balcony is great. It is big and sheltered. I don`t remember hearing any noise. And you get a great outlook, being on the corner.:)

My in laws had B749 last November for an Eastern Caribbean cruise. My wife and I had B747. Since ours was an inside cabin, we spent most of our time on there balcony. I would recommend this cabin to anyone.

Archived