Dream or Liberty.. East or West??

williamson_ja

I have the Carnival Dream- Eastern booked right now, but found a great deal on the Liberty Western during about the same time period. I booked with ES, but even with a $50 p/p fee to change, it would save me $150 to change to Western Liberty. Airfare is a little cheaper to do the Dream cruise so the savings on the cruise itself would probably even out. Which cruise would you do for the same price? Which ship do you like better? Which itinerary? We've done an Eastern Carib. before... but never a Western. Loved the Eastern when we went and totally wouldn't mind doing it again.

I'd definitely stay with Carnival Dream. Never sailed Liberty, but I'll be sailing the Dream for a second time. I love the Eastern Caribbean ports a lot more than Western. And the Dream has all the amenities, it definitely has something for anyone at any age! You won't be disappointed. Keep your booking! :)

Never done the Eastern but we will be on the Western for the 5 time in February on the Liberty. To each it's own. We like the Western as we are not into shopping and like the feel of being in an exotic environment. Plus the ports are not as busy with the exception of GC.

I have done both the Western and Eastern and I can definitely say the Eastern is by far my favorite. I have not been on the Dream or Liberty, but I am scheduled to sail on the Liberty this September doing the Eastern again. Would I do the Western again? Yes. Give the Western a shot since you haven't.

We decided to change to the Liberty Western. I've never been to these ports and am very excited. Stingray city looks very fun!! The best part is that I am getting $90 back from carnival even after I added a 4th person to my room and had to pay change fees! I also discovered that if you fly into FLL it's much cheaper than Miami and isn't very far. So, my airfare is going to be cheaper as well. The Liberty looks like a lovely ship. I'm excited to sail on her. :)

I choose the destination over the ship... Heck... I was on the Glory 3 times ;) East/West/North. I don't think you can go wrong with either of them... Next time book the other one :D

I'll be on Dream this year (East again)

I have only been on 1 cruise so far... but i was determined to sail on the Liberty!! She looks so beautiful. But my family said they wanted to do the Dream as she is in PC and we live about 45 mins away. And you can tell I was out voted by my siggy. I am still very happy... but mark my words my fellow cc'ers....... you WILL see the Liberty in my siggy within the next year!! And I myself book for the ship right now.... as all but Bahamas are new to me!! I am glad you were able to decide... I think either choice is a great one.

We just did Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios on the Liberty back in November. We loved Coz and GC - Ocho Rios, meh...not so much.

We've done the Eastern itinerary on the Valor (2008) and loved it (Nassau, St. Thomas, St. Maarten). We're trying Eastern again on the Liberty next year (HMC, St. Thomas, San Juan, GT)! We just love the Liberty - she's really a beautiful ship.

Would love to try a cove balcony on the Dream...but that won't be for a few years :(

My vote: Eastern on Liberty!

Did the Carnival Liberty's Eastern Caribbean sailing with my two cousins on March 19th. The ship is beautiful and the crew is wonderful. We missed Half Moon Cay due to a medical emergency and cruised two days to St Thomas. This was my eighth Carnival cruise and first without my wife and son since I was married in 1987.

Archived