Jade SC 11506

Fawn524

We are traveling at the end of May on the Jade in Cabin 11506. I have questions! :)

First, does anyone have any pictures of this cabin? I'm dying to see more than the NCL website gives you.

OK, I've been reading about the extras that come with the suites.

1. Exactly what does a butler and concierge do for you? I take it this is beyond a normal room steward service...

2. It says we have access to the Star Bar Day Lounge...what is this, sort of a concierge lounge? Worth going?

3. Do we get to go to the courtyard...on Deck 14?...with this suite?

4. Priority restaurant reservations - do we do this onboard? Where do we go to do it?

5. It says we can have breakfast and lunch at Cagneys...does anyone find this better than the other choices?

6. Are there any other perks that I missed?

OK, I'm sure I'll have more questions, but that's a good start. We are long time cruisers, but this is our first time on NCL. I'm looking forward to something new.

Thanks for your help!

Here are some photos of cabin 11024 on the Jade, which is basically the same layout.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/creativeapps/slideShow/Main.jsp?facebook=true&sourceId=984136008703

This suite does not include access to the courtyard. Breakfast and lunch at Cagney's were far superior to any of the other options. The concierge will handle your specialty restaurant reservations, and the concierge lounge is mostly a quiet place to relax, with port and shore excursion information available. We didn't really use this other than as a place to meet The butler will bring you snacks each afternoon, movies from the dvd library if you want to watch a dvd, handle room service orders, etc. You'll get an invite to the Captain's cocktail party, which likely will be on the first sea day in the evening.

Here are some photos of cabin 11024 on the Jade, which is basically the same layout.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/creativeapps/slideShow/Main.jsp?facebook=true&sourceId=984136008703

This suite does not include access to the courtyard. Breakfast and lunch at Cagney's were far superior to any of the other options. The concierge will handle your specialty restaurant reservations, and the concierge lounge is mostly a quiet place to relax, with port and shore excursion information available. We didn't really use this other than as a place to meet The butler will bring you snacks each afternoon, movies from the dvd library if you want to watch a dvd, handle room service orders, etc. You'll get an invite to the Captain's cocktail party, which likely will be on the first sea day in the evening.

Hi Reebster,

The link doesn't work for me

D man

Here are my photos of room 11012 on the Jade. Everything will be the same, except yours will be port side. Perks are as stated with no access to the courtyard (though you can ask the con. for a visit/tour). Made was the butler just 2 months ago, and said he would be there for quite a bit more. He was awesome. If you have trouble with the link, just friend request me on FB.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=781449286&aid=270205

I couldn't access that link either, Reebster? I have not heard one bad thing so far about Cagney's for breakfast/lunch...I know we'll be heading there first thing! :)

I sent a friend request, Wood...thanks!

Here are my photos of room 11012 on the Jade. Everything will be the same, except yours will be port side. Perks are as stated with no access to the courtyard (though you can ask the con. for a visit/tour). Made was the butler just 2 months ago, and said he would be there for quite a bit more. He was awesome. If you have trouble with the link, just friend request me on FB.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=781449286&aid=270205

Wood...phenomenal pics...answered every questions I had! Suite looks great...I'm getting so psyched! :D

• 2 weeks later...
i can't see the picture cause you have this on your personal profile on facebook and so i am not allowed. I wish to see room 11024 or similar cause we are cruising there on jade next september

Try the link in Reebster's post at 9:51PM. That link works.

You will like the suite very much. I had friends staying in it on my cruise in 2009 and saw it then. We had a Courtyard Villa - which was essentially identical but without the extra bedroom. You might watch for a price drop and trade up to a Courtyard Villa if possible - it is very special to be on that floor - very private and away from everything. Also, almost nobody uses the sundeck for the villas, which was HUGE and had special furnishings and often the Courtyard was completely empty so it was very private. There was also a steamroom, hottub and workout room in the Courtyard.

Archived