leaving out of new orleans ??

cruisinmeme

just curious for those that has been leaving out of new orleans. has parking been an issue yet with ccl & ncl both there? last time out of n.o. was 14 months ago and it was a breeze. we sail in 32 days so i guess i will see first hand.

we sail n.o. again in jan. 2012 and at that time there will be total of 4 ships leaving from n.o., one being the big conquest. now that will surely present some issues. we leave on jan.8 on ncl and the conquest leaves the same day. it was always smooth in galveston with 2 ships leaving same day because once you entered the lot the lines divided for parking. don't think they have that luxury in n.o.

help me from freaking out if you can.

I did holiday Inn superdome $99, including cruise parking, so I am one who never deals with it.

The time before that was Drury, who I love, but they are getting expensive? Drury I heard has gone back to $50 for cruise parking deal.

The garage on top of the terminal has a capacity for 1000 vehicles and not everyone parks at the port. I'm pretty sure the port people have a plan and it probably will be contract space at nearby facilities.

before Katrina, New Orleans had 4 cruise ships and that was before the new cruise terminal.

and there are off-off-site places, too, like:

http://www.nocruiseshipparking.com/

There will be parking available, just that everyone might not be able to park on top of the cruise terminal.

Archived