Will RCCL ever come down in prices

Three of us are going on Adventure in March (spring break, "high season") for 2400 in a balcony cabin. I agree many of their prices are higher than I would pay, but decent deals can be found at least sometimes.

There's no doubt some good prices can be had at all inclusives in Mexico.

Edited by bouhunter

I find that you have to really I mean really shop around. We are on the Oasis in October. Very happy with our rate, $779 for a boardwalk balcony. Never did this before, always an oceanview balcony but for the price we are giving it a go. There is a website out there that offers deals like no other. I don't know how they do it. Example, RCCL will show a category on a particular sailing as sold out. Go onto this site and they have that category along with OBC and other perks, for an unbelievable price. I have 2 future cruises booked with them after the Oasis at great prices. One 14 day on the Celebrity Eclipse, and one way out on the Harmony. I wish I could give the name, but since I cannot, keep searching all the on-line sites and continue to check prices daily.

First off, I just don't understand why people don't see the excellent value in cruising over land vacations. If you make a detailed cost comparison, it's hands down the cheapest way to travel...period.

I disagree that cruises are the cheapest way to travel.

Example: 7 night Mediterranean sailing in a balcony cabin including beverage package, gratuities and flights for a departure 24th September 2016 - £2548 (~$3822) for 2 adults.

5* all inclusive resort on one of the islands the cruise calls at, with 5 al a carte restaurants, twin room with sea view for 7 nights including flights departing 23rd September 2016 - £2128 (~$3192)

Difference = £420 approx. $630

Oh and the land based option includes transfers to/from resort and airport, the cruise price doesn't.

I find that you have to really I mean really shop around. We are on the Oasis in October. Very happy with our rate, $779 for a boardwalk balcony. Never did this before, always an oceanview balcony but for the price we are giving it a go. There is a website out there that offers deals like no other. I don't know how they do it. Example, RCCL will show a category on a particular sailing as sold out. Go onto this site and they have that category along with OBC and other perks, for an unbelievable price. I have 2 future cruises booked with them after the Oasis at great prices. One 14 day on the Celebrity Eclipse, and one way out on the Harmony. I wish I could give the name, but since I cannot, keep searching all the on-line sites and continue to check prices daily.

If they are selling cabins that the cruise line shows as "sold out", that probably means they have a group rate because they went to the cruise line and committed to a bunch of rooms which earns them a nice discount which they pass on to the customers through lower rates and better percs. This is the only type of agencies book through and have latterly saved several thousand dollars because of it.