disney dream 3nt vs 4nt (if you have sailed, please tell us about differences)

Jan2007

We want to sail on the dream and keep going back and forth whether to book 3 night or 4 night. The cost jumps quite significantly and this is just the initial cost, but there's also gratuities and all the extras that one will spend on that extra day.

I really want the 4 night for the extra day to experience the ship, but also planning to do fantasy later so I know I will have a longer time on the sister ship at some point.

I know that a big difference is the pirate themed dinner that they dont do on the 3nt, but wondering from those who have been, especially on 3nt, did you feel like it was enough time to experience the ship well, or was it over before it started and left you with too many things you wish you had done or gotten to see that 3 nights were not enough for?

Looking for input!!!

having done a couple of 3 night and a couple of 4 night and lots of 7, I would not do a 3 night again. 7 is my first choice, which the Dream doesnt do. 4 is my second choice. If you can swing the extra cost, wait until the Dream does 5 night. 3 night is just too short to get all packed up for. Not to mention you'll never really enjoy a large ship in such a short time.

The only reason we took 4 over 5 is the Dream won't be starting 5 night until late May. Living in Orlando, we know how hot it can be that time of year and opted for April instead.

We did a 4 night earlier this month and enjoyed the extra day, even though it was much too crowded by the pool on "sea day". My initial thought on 4 nights vs 3 nights was - if it is too windy to go to Castaway Cay on day 3 would they try again on day 4? Not sure of the answer, someone else might have answer if they do this. Castaway Cay is a highlight of going on Disney so if it increases the odds of going, then there is some additional value to doing a 4 night.

I actually wish they would just stay docked at Castaway Cay overnight and then leave at say 3:00 in the afternoon the next day instead of the sea day. This island and dock, etc are probably not set up to handle this though.

Disney is *known* for entertainment!! Walt Disney World is the #1 vacation destination in the WORLD. With this in mind, DH, DD, and I went on a 4 night cruise. I WOULDN'T DO IT AGAIN. :(

The day at sea was "painfully boring :mad:," or "100% relaxing :cool:," whichever way you tend to see this day. The 4 night has this "extra adavantage" :confused: over the 3 night cruise.

We found the activities lacking, pools crowded, and just couldn't wait to get off of the ship.

All of that said, we are REALLY excited to do our 3 night on the Dream. It has the Castaway Cay day, aquaduck, food, and kids club (that our DD loves!). :D WIthout that "extra" day at sea, we're excited to go on our next cruise. We'll get to do the rotational dining at each restaurant, and... who doesn't like Castaway Cay?!!

So... with your impending 7 night cruise, I would recommend the 3 night Disney cruise. The best that Disney Cruising has to offer, and all the relaxation you want on your 7 night.

Good luck :cool:

We are just getting on 3 day portion of a b2b after doing a 4 day. The reason we didn't just do one or the other is we did a 3 day on Wonder and it is just too short.

I will post some more info, but we got the general impression from the folks on board during the first 1 1/2 days a sense of frustration/trying to figure things out. Those who have sailed a bit know the first day is always busy and it takes a bit to settle in.

Archived