Thinking of booking the Dawn

rondb

We loved the Dawn when we were on her in January 2009 for our first cruise. A co-worker of mine did a Bermuda cruise on the Dawn from Boston and said it was the best of his life. He's been cruising for over 40 years.

out of Boston this Sept. I would value any and all opinions.

I personally will never sail on the Dawn again. I feel it has had more than its share of engine and electrical issues, and it is in my opinion a mechanical lemon. I would choose a different ship if it was me.

I personally will never sail on the Dawn again. I feel it has had more than its share of engine and electrical issues, and it is in my opinion a mechanical lemon. I would choose a different ship if it was me.

That's funny, I have been on the Dawn for the past 4 years in a row on quite long reposition sailings and have never encountered any mechanical problems. I personally would highly recommend this ship.

PE

That's funny' date=' I have been on the Dawn for the past 4 years in a row on quite long reposition sailings and have never encountered any mechanical problems. I personally would highly recommend this ship.

PE

[/color']

Nothing funny about it at all, your opinion and experiences differ from mine.

That's funny' date=' I have been on the Dawn for the past 4 years in a row on quite long reposition sailings and have never encountered any mechanical problems. I personally would highly recommend this ship.

PE

[/color']

PE,

I called my PCC yesterday about doing the 10 night South Eastern trip on the Dawn this time next year. Good choice???

From what I have read recently, the current Dawn experience bears almost no resemblance whatever to mine in 2004. Sorry not to be more helpful.

Does this mean you read all the posts but only absorb the negative ones? What about all the good reviews that ship gets??????? :confused:

I sailed on the Dawn on jan 28th for a 9 day cruise and it was my best cruise ever...followed up at a close second is the first Dawn cruise I took in 2009.

As far as any issues, the dawn will be in dry dock this May and will be perfect when the OP sails her in Sept.

I personally would highly recommend this ship.

PE

me too :)

PE' date='

I called my PCC yesterday about doing the 10 night South Eastern trip on the Dawn this time next year. Good choice???[/quote']

absolutely!!!!!! :D

out of Boston this Sept. I would value any and all opinions.

We were on the Dawn in Feb 2009, our first cruise. We fell in love with the ship and had absolutely no problem. Would highly recommend the ship. We would definetly sail her again.

Like one poster had said, she will be going into dry dock soon for refurbishment. Make sure you double check the layout of the ship and make sure you are looking at what it will look like on the cruise you are thinking of taking.

Archived