West cost Mariner Expatriots, what are you doing now?

Now that our beloved Mariner has left the west coast,

what are all of you regulars from Mariner doing now?

Maybe we should plan to have a reunion cruise

somewhere in RCCL's fleet. It would be great to

see everyone again. I really miss the Mariner regulars

crowd!

crowd!

I believe a lot of them are still cruising out of LA, sadly not with RCI.:mad:

Off on HAL next, then Princess, then Celebrity. I don't even have a RCI cruise booked!:eek:

Have not sailed HAL, and don't get over to their boards often. Hope you'll post your reviews of that one over here on the RC boards, too! :cool:

crowd!

Cruising Allure in October then returning to the Mariner in February for a caribbean cruise. Love that ship!!!

Wow, Barbara we were just thinking about you and wondering what you have been up to. We sailed with you 8//29/2010 to Mexico, did the awesome cabin crawl and slot pull with our large M&M group.

We have booked a cruise for next May 6 2012, on the Allure. Not looking forward to the flight to Florida at all, but anxious to get back to cruising.

Stay healthy,

Cruise Queen 50

San Diego, CA

Sucking it up and flying cross-country on cramped over-crowded planes, paying too much for luggage (cuz you have to have options), and booking B2B cruises out of Florida to get the biggest cruise value for the airline dollars spent.

On the positive side just got back last week from Liberty for 6 nights and Oasis for 7 nights and I was able to drown my sorrows and ease the pain of flying by spending hours in the Diamond lounges enjoying all they had to offer.

Really don't want to cruise CC so we'll just cruise less often and book more B2Bs. Would love to get a RCCL ship back on the West Coast and didn't miss an opportunity to tell the officers on both cruises how much we miss Mariner out of LA.

Never has the chance to sail Mariner from Los Angeles. After our 2006 Freedom OTS cruise, we did 4 years of land vacations (except for Monarch 3 day when she was here). I had planned on sailing her from Los Angeles, but never got the chance. So we're doing a 9 day to Mexico on Carnival. Sailed Carnival before, and decor aside, the lines are pretty much the same. Both have good and bad aspects to them, but can't complain either way.

We did Oasis/Solstice cruises from FLL last month. We have nothing .....OH NO ...... booked right now. We are looking at a B2B Freedom or B2B Oasis in December. The Solstice cruise was so nice that we may book more on the Solstice class ships But D+ first - we are 8 days away.

So fewer cruises with more planning for us.

Aren't you off soon for your 30 plus days cruising? Lucky you.

We're branching out more. We have a few cruises still scheduled on RCI and a couple of NC certificates to use (not the golden ones, alas) but we also have Celebrity, Princess, HAL and Carnival lined up.

We'll be taking more land trips - spent a week on Maui last year and remembered how much we loved that kind of vacation, too.

I think a reunion cruise would be filled with people complaining about not having a ship here, kind of like the final Mariner sailing out of LA. Not sure I want to deal with that.:p

Flew to Florida for a 4 day on the Navigator (to Cozumel) and would rather do that for a quick getaway than chance an awful Carnival 3, 4, or 5 day out of California! Our geography may be wrong, but our instincts are right!

RC help us! I don't know how long I can be faithful!!!

Flew to Florida for a 4 day on the Navigator (to Cozumel) and would rather do that for a quick getaway than chance an awful Carnival 3, 4, or 5 day out of California! Our geography may be wrong, but our instincts are right!

RC help us! I don't know how long I can be faithful!!!

I don't think Carnival is very different from RCI. I remember the first time we went on Paradise - there were 5 of us Monarch Refugees (and yes, we had T-shirts) and we were all a little nervous. Well, we liked it just fine. Yes, the decor is horrid, but the beds were comfy, there was plenty to do and the food was good (and it's gotten better, as Virginia said).

The main thing is that, with only one ship sailing the 3/4 nighters, there are a lot more party groups than we saw on Monarch. But I'm sure that, had Monarch stayed, we would have seen the same thing.

I can't bring myself to book Splendor while we have a Princess option, though. And I'll see if HAL comes out ahead, too.

Hello to all....

Hi Carol, how is everything???

Jean, you might be right, but it would be nice to

see everyone again.

My friend and I are also doing B2Bs when we have

to fly. No sense spending that money for just

one week.

Off to Panama Canal next and then later the 62

day cruise to Australia. Still miss Mariner so will

be doing B2B in November on her out of Galveston.

Capt Per will be on then.

Right now have no desire to cruise Oasis or Allure.

Although Capt Johnny is on Allure and it would be

nice to see him (and Angela) again. Maybe some day.....

We flew to Miami in January, 2011 for a week on the Liberty.

Our first three cruises were Royal out of Los Angeles.

Now that the security issue is out in the open for the Mexican cruises, perhaps Royal closed up show on the West Coast for security reasons more than any other.

And maybe they will come back again.

Hope. Hope.

Redlobster, dont think violence in Mazatlan

was the reason. There is a great deal more

violence in Acapulco happening daily and yet

we are still calling there on the Panama Canal

cruise. It was strictly to make more money in

Europe, however, there is violence in the whole

region there now. Go figure.

Archived