Veranda on Deck 8 versus on Deck 7?

cpgrneyes

I'm currently booked in a midship, V2 veranda on deck 7, but am wondering about moving to a V1. Our last trip, we had a Club Continent suite (at the old prices, we could!), but not this year.

Looking straight down on the lifeboats doesn't seem as appealing, and I'm wondering if the additional distance from deck 8 to 6 helps that.

I don't suppose the butlers would pay much attention to the poor veranda PAX, but I'm curious if they're just more present?

Any comments? The price differential isn't much, and we DID enjoy being one flight away from deck 9!

on deck 7 we like the more aft balconys 7111 and 7117..the balcony bars go down to your ankles where more mid ship the ship hull on the balcony goes almost mid calf to your knees...if you are laying in bed you cant see the water...

on our youtube video page if you watch the tender to ship from sorrento

i point it out...

http://www.youtube.com/user/OurPassportStamps

dont have time to go the az site so maybe im totally off on the cabin category you are inquiring about if so ...sorry about that ...

or as weve been learning ...lo siento!!!! :)

Looking straight down on the lifeboats doesn't seem as appealing, and I'm wondering if the additional distance from deck 8 to 6 helps that.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your question, but the lifeboats don't stick out from the ship. You won't see them from your balcony. If you've ever walked on deck 5, you'll remember that they were directly overhead.

This picture shows the lifeboats extending out from the ship, and our current cabin is right above one of the larger ones. I think we'll move up a deck.

http://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk153/wssnwkbranch/?action=view&current=161.jpg

Wheretonext, the V3 cabins are sold out, but there is a V2 which is midway in the more open veranda cabins. Thanks for your help!

We were on the Quest - midship - Deck 7 and the lifeboats did not extend out as you mentioned. The view was wonderful and you only saw the lifeboats if you looked down and back towards the ship. I prefer Deck 7 (V2) midship vs. 8 (V1). Most of the cabins available on 8 were under the pool deck. 7 was nice and quiet with cabins both above and below. We are traveling in May on the Journey and have picked a midship cabin on deck 7, again.

Was on the Journey on deck 7 last November; stateroom 7060. As nonrev1 says the lifeboats do not obstruct your view in any way. I've been on deck 8 on earlier sailings and don't see much if any difference in 8 v 7. Also it's much easier to use the laundry on deck 7 - as long as you're not to close to the laundry itself.

Archived