Any Differences between Grand and Golden?

LarryF

Not so you would notice after 4 years. (We sailed Star 3 years ago, Golden last summer, doing Grand next spring) There are a few little things I am sure recent cruisers will point out, but as far as you will probably remember, there is very little difference to the rooms and layout. BUT, Grand has MUTS and Golden does not yet.

Basically the two ships are identical (without MUTS). However, the atrium in Golden is far more beautiful than Grand. Grand's atrium is kind of "modern" with warm woods at the side rails and clear glass with nothing covering them for the glass elevators. Golden has gold screens that cover the glass elevator shafts (you can see through them), but the decoration is much richer. I've never figured out why in Princess brochures they almost always use the Grand atrium picture and never use the Golden/Star atrium which would make better photographs.

I think all the cabins are the same except for the "Grand Suite" (not that I've ever been in one). Grand has the Grand Suite up in the top center, and on Golden it's in the back. All other public rooms are the same even to the carpeting and fabrics used.

Archived