Carnival Pride w/ 16-month old

indigo38x

My DS will be 16-months old when we sail to Port Canaveral and the Bahamas on the Carnival Pride this November.

I have the following questions -

1) We're staying in an aft extended balcony.... does anyone know if the balcony has plexi glass or very thin railings? Pictures would be helpful. (I stayed in the same cabin in '09 and don't remember for the life of me how safe the balcony would be w/ a baby.)

2) I've heard that camp carnival offers play time for kids under 2 years-old. Does anyone know what day(s)/times(s) this is offered? Is there a fee?

3) Does anyone know if I would be able to use a changing table in Camp Carnival for my son?

4) There are still no changing tables in the public restrooms, correct?

5) Where is Camp Carnival located?

Thanks!

PS: Yes, I know I cannot take my son into the swimming pool. ;)

Since your baby will NOT be on the balcony alone, it really won't matter what kind of railing or balcony you have....the child will be nowhere NEAR it, unless in your arms!!!

The deck plans will show locations of every point of interest on the ship....

I thought there were changing tables in the restrooms, but no matter...change baby wherever...you can do it without making a production of it! No one will notice!

Hi!

I traveled with 14 month old twins last December so I can answer a few of the questions.

I did not travel in a balcony room so no help there. Sorry!

They do not have changing tables anywhere that I could see. I always leave a padded changing pad in the vanity desk area and make it my "changing station". Otherwise, my back will kill me with the twins! If I had an emergency that couldn't get back to the room I would change them in their stroller and nobody ever seemed to mind.

As far as Camp Carnival goes, their hours are not the greatest. They have free playtime where you can go in with your baby for a couple of hours in the morning, around 9 or 10. And they have supervised child care at a cost of $6 per hour on most days but only for a couple of hours in the morning, as well. There aren't that many options to be honest. Having twins, I was looking forward to a little break for dinner, but I was out of luck.:( My twins don't go to childcare so they got a cold from being there. But, this is the kind of thing that cannot be helped at that age. Just be mentally prepared!

My overall experience was pretty good and I am booked on the Dream in September when they will be two and able to participate in camp Carnival. I will confess that I am looking forward to a little break and eating dinner quietly without rushing:D

Good Luck!

Googled Pride balconies

images%3Fq%3DCarnival%2BPride%2Bbalcony%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Dactive%26biw%3D995%26bih%3D559%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=533&vpy=94&dur=188&hovh=194&hovw=259&tx=99&ty=130&oei=C7GUTZX-DcGgtwfzuZiADA&page=1&ndsp=13&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0 Looks like plexiglass

They have under 2 playtimes on sea days for 2 hours. You can stay for no charge or leave baby for $6/hr.

We changed the baby on the bed or had the vinyl pad.

Camp carnival is located on different desks on different ships.

3) Does anyone know if I would be able to use a changing table in Camp Carnival for my son?

Looks like you got answers to other things. :) Unfortunately the only time parents are allowed in Camp Carnival are during the under 2 playtimes. So, you can use it then, but you would not be allowed in to use it at any other time.

You are correct- the baby will not be on the balcony alone. It's still good to know - regardless. :) RE: change baby wherever... I agree but if there was a dedicated place to change diapers, I'd prefer to do it there as would the other guests. (Apparently this is a hot topic on the boards, lol.) Apparently people DO notice! Thanks for your thoughts.

Since your baby will NOT be on the balcony alone, it really won't matter what kind of railing or balcony you have....the child will be nowhere NEAR it, unless in your arms!!!

The deck plans will show locations of every point of interest on the ship....

I thought there were changing tables in the restrooms, but no matter...change baby wherever...you can do it without making a production of it! No one will notice!

Sandy - RE: Changing tables, good idea. We do something similar in hotel rooms. Thanks for the stroller tip! I haven't done that yet, but it's a good idea. I'm looking at a liteweight stroller but am not sure if it will fully recline... I'd imagine if it did, it would be easier to change a diaper in. Can changing a diaper in a stroller be done w/o a full recline? (Thanks in advance for humoring this question. ;) )

RE: The free playtime - thanks for the info. Are the times advertised in the Fun Times (or Carnival Caper, or whatever they call it nowadays ;)) ?

Thanks again!

Hi!

I traveled with 14 month old twins last December so I can answer a few of the questions.

I did not travel in a balcony room so no help there. Sorry!

They do not have changing tables anywhere that I could see. I always leave a padded changing pad in the vanity desk area and make it my "changing station". Otherwise, my back will kill me with the twins! If I had an emergency that couldn't get back to the room I would change them in their stroller and nobody ever seemed to mind.

As far as Camp Carnival goes, their hours are not the greatest. They have free playtime where you can go in with your baby for a couple of hours in the morning, around 9 or 10. And they have supervised child care at a cost of $6 per hour on most days but only for a couple of hours in the morning, as well. There aren't that many options to be honest. Having twins, I was looking forward to a little break for dinner, but I was out of luck.:( My twins don't go to childcare so they got a cold from being there. But, this is the kind of thing that cannot be helped at that age. Just be mentally prepared!

My overall experience was pretty good and I am booked on the Dream in September when they will be two and able to participate in camp Carnival. I will confess that I am looking forward to a little break and eating dinner quietly without rushing:D

Good Luck!

Ah! Well, that makes sense. Thanks for the info. :)

Looks like you got answers to other things. :) Unfortunately the only time parents are allowed in Camp Carnival are during the under 2 playtimes. So, you can use it then, but you would not be allowed in to use it at any other time.

Archived