?early check-in at Intercontinental Miami

lkmamom

Just curious........Our flight gets in early the day before our cruise. I know check-in is 4pm at the Intercontinental. Has anyone that has stayed there also arrived before formal check-in, and would they allow us to store our bags somewhere? Thanks!!

Linda

Almost most hotels do have a room to store bags when one gets in early.

Some of the Upper end hotels will just let you check in early, if you let them know ahead of time and as long as there is availability.

You should have no problem whatsoever :)

Just curious........Our flight gets in early the day before our cruise. I know check-in is 4pm at the Intercontinental. Has anyone that has stayed there also arrived before formal check-in, and would they allow us to store our bags somewhere? Thanks!!

Linda

When we stayed here in November, 2010, we also arrived early and tried to check in early, around 11:00 a.m. They said that we could check in early BUT that there would be a $100.00 early check in fee, otherwise the earliest we could check in would be noon. It was rainy and not so nice outside SO we stayed in the lobby and read for an hour. (Forgot to add that we booked our rooms with LMT and paid less than $100 WITH taxes, so I certainly wasn't willing to pay $100 for checking in 1 hr early. I would almost feel like a "call girl" had we done that!) At 12:05 p.m. we proceeded to the front desk and we were in our room by 12:15 p.m. We opted to up-grade our room for a $20 fee to a bay view room, so that we could have a view of the cruise port. Well worth it in our opinion. Also, when you arrive you hand your bags over to the bellmen who will give you luggage tickets, and they will hold your luggage until your room is ready. When you check in at the front desk, simply give your luggage tickets to the clerk and your bags will be delivered to your room shortly thereafter by the bellman.

Oh wow! Thanks, that answers all of my questions. We will be getting in about the same exact time. I am like you, to pay an extra hundred to check-in early??? Amazing.....I hope we are asked if we want to upgrade, I would gladly pay an extra twenty for that :)

Thanks again

Linda

We got in early - no charge, and no problem. I think it helped that the hotel wasn't full. You can check by doing a fake booking and see if rooms are available.

Great hotel. Nice location. 1 1/2 block walk gets you to a CVS and a Subway for last minute stuff and breakfast before heading to the port.

Peg

Oh wow! Thanks, that answers all of my questions. We will be getting in about the same exact time. I am like you, to pay an extra hundred to check-in early??? Amazing.....I hope we are asked if we want to upgrade, I would gladly pay an extra twenty for that :)

Thanks again

Linda

We also arrived early. They were very nice about it. I simply asked for the upgrade to the bay view room and we were given it. The gentleman said we could have a room with two double beds immediately or wait until about 2:00 for the king that we had requested which he said was "a really nice" room. We waited in the lobby. We were too tired to wander around in the heat. There is a Starbuck's right in the lobby where in addition to coffee, they have light lunch food and also pastry type stuff. We really didn't mind the wait. The lobby is enormous with comfy sofas and chairs. Great for relaxing and people watching. We went back to the desk at 2:00 and were given our keys to a room on the 25th floor. Absolutely beautiful with a stunning view of the bay. The next morning there were five ships in addition to ours sitting in the port. Not only didn't we pay for the room, we got it free with points! Love, love that hotel. BTW there is a great Italian restaurant right up the street about two blocks called Puntino's. Very reasonable and delicious.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Jennie

As long as the "category" of room you booked is available you won't have a problem moving in. However, if you booked a standard room, and they are all full, you could be charged more for the next category of open room. And of course if you paid low dollar by booking on a discount site, (like the previous poster said with LMT) they most likely will charge you rack rate for that other upgraded category. Which indeed could easily be $100.

If your room isn't available, leave your bags and head over to Bayside or just go walking. If you give them your cell number, ask the clerk to call when it is open, if earlier than 4. They will be happy to do that.

Archived