Do you arrive in the morning or evening?

Woodrowst

My wife and I have booked our first Oceana cruise in April, 2012 on the Mariner and we are very much looking forward to it. The ship leaves from Rome and we had a few questions about the free air and hotel night.

*We live on the east coast (Washington, DC) and so I assume they will fly us out of Dulles. Will they get us to Rome in the morning or the evening of the day before? I am asking because I want to know if we will be able to take advantage of sightseeing the day before the ship departs.

*Will Oceana offer a tour of Rome the day of departure from their hotel that then goes to the ship? If not, I assume they will offer tansfers from their hotel to the ship for a price?

Being new to the Oceana board, I apologize if these are old hat questions but do thank you in advance for any response you may be able to give.

David

I'm guessing on some of my answers to your questions!

First of all, we fly from NYC. Generally flights arrive in Europe early in the morning from the east coast, so if you are up and ready to go after a night flight, yes you can tour. Leaving from D.C. shouldn't be all that different from our flights. If we fly into western Europe, we usually arrive between 7-9am. Flying into Rome could take a bit longer.

If you use the new hotel option, you should arrive a day in advance of the cruise which would mean you could tour on your own on Day 1 and perhaps even part of Day 2, depending on how you want to spend your time.

In the good old days, paying for their transfers (I think if you take the hotel option you get a transfer in one direction but not both, but don't quote me) also got you a city tour. I don't know if that's going to be the case with the new system.

We generally do NOT take these options so I can't be positive about what I'm saying. No doubt I will be corrected!

Back in the good old days of Renaissance (which was not O except for the "R" ships) they gave you a hotel stay before and after the cruise (no doubt part of the reason they went bankrupt), and included city tours especially on the day you arrived at the end port. O may well offer such a city tour, but I suspect at a cost. It can still be worth it if you arrive early in the morning and your hotel room won't be ready.

I'm sure more people will weigh in with better info!

Mura

My wife and I have booked our first Oceana cruise in April, 2012 on the Mariner and we are very much looking forward to it. The ship leaves from Rome and we had a few questions about the free air and hotel night.

*We live on the east coast (Washington, DC) and so I assume they will fly us out of Dulles. Will they get us to Rome in the morning or the evening of the day before? I am asking because I want to know if we will be able to take advantage of sightseeing the day before the ship departs.

*Will Oceana offer a tour of Rome the day of departure from their hotel that then goes to the ship? If not, I assume they will offer tansfers from their hotel to the ship for a price?

David

First it is OCEANIA & THE MARINA

I am guessing but most overseas flights arrive in the AM

If you are taking the included hotel deal it says you get the transfer to ship

Book a 2012 European voyage and receive a FREE 1-Night Pre-Cruise Hotel Stay*! Also included, is a FREE transfer from the hotel to the ship the next day!

so you may have to make you own way or pay for the transfer from the airport to the hotel

I would check with your TA

Most likely you will be able to check in when you arrive or at least store your luggage at the hotel.

We did Oceania hotel package one year we were able to check in early in the morning in London

Lyn

Archived