Plumbing cruise

plumr12

I have been on many TRANSATLANTIC cruises. They have assorted lecturers. Once had a married couple who did a start to finish how to build a house.We sat around a conference table since only 12 people attended.Plumbing lecturer is a bit restricted I would think. Lecturer gets free cabin; do not know about his guest.

No, I don't think it's a stretch. Could have meet and greet, conduct some training, have a few speakers and a product demo. Not much different than a hotel and golf outing in Arizona. I met a guy on a cruise and he closed the business and all employees attended the onboard training sessions. Although it's a little early since this is a new thread, I guess I could speak to a CPA about tax issues if this is a concern.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Definitely consult your CPA. It's not unheard of, but there are definite rules regarding the tax deductibility of a cruise even if for meetings and lectures. I think there are even rules surrounding the requirement of it being a US flagged ship only visiting US ports. I'm going off memory here though.

• 2 months later...

Any affinity group makes a GREAT Cruise. From Basket Weavers to Plumbers - ha ha ha! The key is marketing, or getting the word out to a large enough group of attendees to make it worth while for the suppliers to send rep's on board and conduct trade show/seminar/classes, etc. I have done MANY groups and as long as you have a large enough audience, you can make it work. In terms if the tax benefit, if properly conducted, there is DEFINITELY a good arguement for a tax deduction on at least part of the voyage fare. Check with your CPA, but I have taken write offs for group cruises I have attended!

Wife of a long line of Plumbers, Adele

Archived