Past guest rates?

beach410

You have price protection up to final payment, after that, no. Some people have been successful in getting an upgrade in the face of a price drop after final payment but no OBC.

The advantage of Past Guest is that you haven't committed to a non-refundable deposit...

:)

ES also no name changes. You can change a pax last minute with past guest for $50.

Is that true? You can change the names on the booking last minute? Meaning if you end up not being able to go, you can try to sell your cruise to someone else?

Is that true? You can change the names on the booking last minute? Meaning if you end up not being able to go, you can try to sell your cruise to someone else?

One person has to go from the original booking. You cant sell a booking, sorry.

But if Henry has to go to the hospital a week before the cruise, Aunt Sally can take his place with past guest or other rates for $50 ....except not with ES.

But if Henry has to go to the hospital a week before the cruise, Aunt Sally can take his place with past guest or other rates for $50 ....except not with ES.

Exactly... but this is why there is trip insurance. :)

I book with Early Saver to get the best price and future price drops but I also purchase trip insurance with the "Cancel for Any Reason" option.

Win/Win.

Exactly... but this is why there is trip insurance. :)

I book with Early Saver to get the best price and future price drops but I also purchase trip insurance with the "Cancel for Any Reason" option.

Win/Win.

Can you suggest a good/inexpensive trip insurance provider?

Go to insuremytrip dot com and they have many to choose from. Pick one that best suits your needs. That website also has a 1-800 number to call and they are most helpful.

Also be sure and do your "dummy" booking all the way through to check your price because the base price you are seeing may not include the extra charge if you are choosing your room/location.

When we booked our cruise the Past Guest final total was less than ES because on that particular sale there wasn't an extra charge for booking a balcony or choosing a higher floor.

On the sales since we booked that has not been the case, in fact I have seen the extra charges for balcony go way up from what they were a month ago.

I use the TripInsuranceStore for my policy comparison.

But just know... in order to get the "Cancel for Any Reason" option, most plans require you to purchase your insurance within 15 days of your deposit.

IMG Patriot, TravelInsured Lite, and AIG TravelGuard Essential are all "barebones" Policies. TravelInsured TripProtector is probably a better Policy for not too much more premium. These can be purchased direct from the Insurer, or from insuremytrip.com. ken

couple more questions about past guest bookings, up to when is the deposit refundable? when is final payment due?

For Past Guest you can cancel without Penalty up to the Final Payment Deadline, which is about 600-70 days from Sailaway (see the Cruise Contract for the exact interval). ken

Archived