Donkeys _ Santorini Question

audrey2580

Those donkeys have a mind of their own. There is a rough stone wall along one side of the donkey path and I once had a donkey who decided it would make his "donkey day" to drag my bare knee (I was wearing shorts) along that wall (it would have left all my skin on the wall). My donkey tried very hard to get me and it became a battle of wills. I finally got fed-up with this animal and yanked the reins as hard as I could to pull him away from that wall. That animal barely flinched....and after a few seconds he turned his head to look me in the eye as if to say something I cannot print here. But, at least he did not try the knee against wall trick from that point forward.

Hank

• 2 weeks later...

Personnally, we would not recommend the donkeys. Many large people (who could use the exercise by walking) sitting on these tiny beasts as they struggle up the hill. We are senior citizens and walked up and down..so it can be done. (only worse-case scenario was seeing the horse carriages in Luxor, Egypt)

Archived