What have you done when 'ported' in Port Canaveral?

HappyCampers3

We are also going to port in Port Canaveral in October...this will be the first time there for us so I'm not going to be much help, but I can tell you that we are going to rent a car for the day and go to Cocoa Beach and if the weather is not "beach worthy" then we will probably head to Orlando and go to Sea World...we have 12 hours in port so plenty of time...

If you have never visited it before, the Kennedy Space Center is worth several hours of your port day. Not cheap, but very interesting - especially if you have kids with you. Good luck! :)

If you have never visited it before, the Kennedy Space Center is worth several hours of your port day. Not cheap, but very interesting - especially if you have kids with you. Good luck! :)

I have read on these boards that you can ask you state congressman for free passes to KSC.

I have read on these boards that you can ask you state congressman for free passes to KSC.

I'd like to see that thread, because it was expensive when we visited and (according to the KSC web site) admission is currently set at $43 adult/$33 child (ages 3-11) plus tax.:(

http://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/buy-tickets.aspx

As I mentioned above, it was worth it but it wa snot cheap. Good luck! :)

I'd like to see that thread, because it was expensive when we visited and (according to the KSC web site) admission is currently set at $43 adult/$33 child (ages 3-11) plus tax.:(

http://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/buy-tickets.aspx

As I mentioned above, it was worth it but it wa snot cheap. Good luck! :)

Here is one quote from another thread....Our group of 7 will be touring KSC in August.Half of us used the tropicana codes and the other have received free tickets from theirCongressman. We also got a deal on ourround trip transportation to and from KSCthrough Executive vip limo for $99.

Another quote from another thread.......If you want to avoid the space center because of cost, contact your congressman. The KSC visitor attraction is a government attraction and your congressman can arrange for free admission.

Here is the thread it came from. Once I get home (I am at work) I will try and find the others that talk about it.http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1155442&highlight=congressman

Archived