Cruising with toddlers regarding: transfers, excursions

clarkie138

In regards to car seats, I've never traveled far with my son before who is 3 and a half and in a car seat and ready for a booster seat. Just didn't know what the protocall is for airport transfers through carnival or any of the shore excursions that transport you by car. Do I need a car seat and/or booster seat? I don't think I do and sorry if this is a stupid question but since I would never put him in my own car without a car seat, didn't know if the rules were different with this. i really don't want to lug on on the plane but didn't want any surprises. Thank you.

In regards to car seats, I've never traveled far with my son before who is 3 and a half and in a car seat and ready for a booster seat. Just didn't know what the protocall is for airport transfers through carnival or any of the shore excursions that transport you by car. Do I need a car seat and/or booster seat? I don't think I do and sorry if this is a stupid question but since I would never put him in my own car without a car seat, didn't know if the rules were different with this. i really don't want to lug on on the plane but didn't want any surprises. Thank you.

I brought my son on his first cruise last year when he was 9 months & left the car seat at home. We bought the Carnival transfers as well, and they don't require car seats & you wouldn't be able to hook one up anyways since there are no seat belts. We just had him on our lap. We only did one excursion where we needed to take a taxi & he sat on our lap again, seeing that it was just a 10 minute ride. You should be fine without a car seat, many parents choose to leave them at home seeing that they are big & heavy.

Thanks everyone. I did purchase a transfer for him because he required one. I didn't know if I had to have a car seat for him, he's big enough so I'm comfortable without it, just didn't know the rules. Thank you.

Oh that's right, he's 3 - I missed that, woops!! But yeah, no car seat is required on the bus & ports if you need a taxi or take a bus. He should be fine as long as he sitting near you. Enjoy your cruise!! :)

Archived