Airport - Going to Galveston

honybunyyy

Going to Galveston on April 8th 2012. Need some info on which airport, what the name of the airport is? How to get to the Port? Car rental if needed? And where to stay the night before the cruise? Any help would be wonderful. I know that I can depend on my peeps here!!!;)

Hobby is indeed twice as close as IAH.

OP if you are doing a 7 day cruise, there is no car rental place open on sundays to drop off a car....thats the downside to booking to fly into Houston. You might want to read the next thread down which also mentions the problem with renting a car.

Hobby (HOU) is the airport you want. Southwest flies there, and the schedule is excellent. Frontier also has service through Denver. You shouldn't need a rental car, as transportation to the cruise terminal from the airport is readily available. As noted above, the only agency (Enterprise) is closed on Sundays. Come in a day before the cruise, relax and enjoy Galveston (lots of things within walking distance), then either have the hotel shuttle you over, or grab a cab to the terminal ... not expensive at all. Have a great cruise! Here's some great information for you ... happy hunting.

http://www.galveston.com/default.asp

I was thinking of just getting a car for the day and turning it in the day of the cruise. But if it's not that far, then we may just do the shuttle. Don't know where to stay yet. Son is working for Marriott, but that may not be in effect in April of next year. Hope so though, cause I get great discounts from that. :p

Ugh! Having issues with flying in from Phoenix to Hobby. We need to fly in day of- on this trip just no way around it. Southwest's earliest flight out of Phx arrives at 2:30pm. Just too late to make it to ship on time. JetBlue doesn't get there from here, nor does AirTran. Frontier goes out of our way & also comes in too late. It looks like our only option is to fly Continential into Bush. Can take 5 am or 7 am flight and still make it in plenty of time. Just hate the thought of having to take a shuttle that far. Going home is no problem on Southwest. If anyone has any wonderful & creative ideas for flying into Hobby from Phx- please let me know. With the rumor of more cruise lines and more ships coming to Galveston, maybe the airlines will add more flights or maybe more airlines will opt to fly to Hobby, but don't think that will help much for this October.

You are going to have to bite the bullet and fly into Bush.

We have flown ONCE on day of cruise - never again:eek:

Due to weather, we almost missed our cruise. Thought a 3 hour flight to Orlando would be a breeze leaving at 7AM. WRONG!!!

Arrived at ship at 4pm. It just isn't worth the stress:o

Just think of all the people who are stranded now due to SW cancelling over 300 flights yesterday.

Wish we could fly out Saturday. If there was a middle of the night flight, we would snag it. But I am in catering and there is a HUGE wedding on the 15th. I have no choice but to work. My boss won't even think of letting me off. So- I have trip insurance and will keep my fingers crossed. I always fly in day before. This will be a 1st for me, not doing so.

Archived