"Guarantee" staterooms -- Concierge Class

MiamiCruiser52

I just booked a Concierge Class stateroom on Equinox but on a "guaranteed" basis -- the stateroom will not be assigned until shortly before departure. Is this a risky strategy? [i figure there are no bad Concierge Class staterooms, but could I be wrong?]

Guarantee is always risky, but you could book a concierge guarantee and wind up with a C1 room like someone I know. Some people say they've even been bumped up to suites.

No matter what you'll at least get a C3 with a CC guarantee.

I just booked a Concierge Class stateroom on Equinox but on a "guaranteed" basis -- the stateroom will not be assigned until shortly before departure. Is this a risky strategy? [i figure there are no bad Concierge Class staterooms, but could I be wrong?]

I think that's a reasonably good bet; my guess is your assumption is correct. Come back and let us know what you got.

Oftentimes they will allocate your stateroom within a couple days of booking - just go to My Celebrity and check. Then, if you don't like the room you've been given you can upgrade out of the guarantee category. That's exactly what we did on our cruise last year. Took a chance on a guarantee, did not like the stateroom (it was confirmed within 48hrs of booking) and upgraded to AQ a week or so later. It might not always happen this way, but this is the advice I was given and it proved correct.

We booked a balcony guarantee on our 7/8/11 Equinox sailing as well a week ago (not concierge class though). With quite a bit of hesitation, we actually forfeited our original 2c balcony stateroom (it was on the hump with the larger balcony) that we had booked months ago and changed to a balcony guarantee because there was a significant price difference. Celebrity actually assigned our stateroom the day after and we wound up with another 2c balcony stateroom on the hump also with larger balcony. Like the previous poster mentioned, you may find out your assignment soon and can decide if you would like to stick with it or not.. in our case, we're really happy we decided to go with the guarantee.

tty206 -- we are on the Equinox as well on 7-8-11 and rebooked (and upgraded to the Concierge guarantee from a veranda stateroom because of the second price decrease that I discovered in the last four weeks (as you know we are still outside of the final payment deadlie). So... hopefully it will be a good bet.

We and a couple we travel with booked guarantee C2 staterooms in July for a January 2011 cruise on the Millenium. In early December (about 5-6 weeks before cruising), we were both assigned Sky Suites. I would book a C2 or better guarantee again in a heartbeat - having the suite perks and butler enhanced our cruise experience. Do you know if you have a C1,2 or 3 guarantee - C2's and C3's are all in good locations, in case you end up getting what you booked. It seemed that quite a few of the Sky Suites on our cruise were either upsells or upgrades from guarantees.

Archived