Carnival Splendor??

CHIEB2812

We were planning on a Mexico trip on the Splendor, but after reading some recent reviews, wondering if it would be a mistake? We did this as a b2b prior to the fire and the cruise director at the time was John Heald we had a blast on that trip. So what has happened to the Splendor since the drydock?:confused:

I never put much stock in reviews. Half of the things people complain about they could have known ahead of time, and most are petty.

Go and cruise...nothing was changed during dry dock, it was just fixed mechanically. Its still the same ship.

The Splendor has been returned to normal service. The only remaining vestige of the fire is cosmetic and is limited to the engine control room. That's the reason that the Behind the Fun tour isn't being conducted.

There never was any damage to the passenger areas of the ship.

Go ahead and book. As you know, she's a lovely ship!

:)

Three times on the Splendor three great cruises. The real issue we had on the last trip was the ship seemed very crowded. This I put down to it being spring break and a lot of pent up demand from the ship being out of service for 4 months.

We would of rather not had the double Cabo day; but understand the reasons for canceling Mazatlan and the limited available alternatives.

We were planning on a Mexico trip on the Splendor, but after reading some recent reviews, wondering if it would be a mistake? We did this as a b2b prior to the fire and the cruise director at the time was John Heald we had a blast on that trip. So what has happened to the Splendor since the drydock?:confused:

I never pay much mind to the CD on any cruise I am not going to let them determine the amount of fun that i can have...:D

:confused: If you have already been on the Splendor you already know what to expect.

you know any reviews out there are there opinions...and opinions are like ...well you know:D

The Splendor was great in March, 2010 and we expect it to be just as good this Sept. 4th when we board her again!!! No worries about past problems..if anything we feel good knowing they went over her with a fine toothed comb in dry-dock and she's up and running like new again.(we hope..hahaha)

We won't mind a Cabo double-dip if Mazatlan is still off limits, as long as we get to spend a bit of an evening there to enjoy the night-life. (Usually Cabo is an early in, early out port)

LPC

Archived