Boscolo Bellini in Venice (need advice)

gaylenhazel

Venice is always a challenge when trying to get to a hotel with luggage. Your hotel is located pretty close to the train station (about 200 meters) which creates some problems if you have lots of luggage. You have several options. The easiest (and most expensive) is to hire a water taxi to take you to your hotel dock....but this will cost you about $120. Your other options all involve getting yourself to the Piazale Roma and then walking (you will have to haul your luggage over a bridge and walk about 1/3 miles. Getting from the port to the Piazale Roma can be accomplished by using a land taxi (about 15 Euros), the People Mover (a couple of Euros) or you walk the entire distance from the port to your hotel asuming you like to walk and handle your luggage. That walking distance is probably about 1/2 mile. I guess another option is to get to the Piazale Roma and take the vaporetto 1 or 2 stops....but this is not a great option since the vaporetto will cost you 6.5 Euros per person (plus extra if you have more then 1 piece of luggage) and you will still have to walk from the nearest vaporetto pier to your hotel. You also might want to e-mail the concierge at your hotel and ask for advice. They might have some kind of water taxi arrangement which could save you some Euros (doubtful).

Hank

Hi, I read this with much interest, since my husband and I are going to Venice in October (flying in) but departing via train for Rome 3 days later. I was considering this hotel, since on their website they said it was very easy to get to (on foot) and also close to the train station, plus I didn't want to pay more than $200 (USD) per night. So perhaps others could chime in on this situation........

we will have one medium rolling back each along with a carryon each.....so would appreciate detailed information on getting to the hotel and then to the train station, or perhaps other hotel recommendations.....thanks in advance.......

The problem with Venice (assuming you do not have mobility problems) is getting around with luggage. If you are capable of rolling your luggage some distance, then you will be fine. Otherwise, as I said in my prior post, it becomes a challenge or very expensive. If you are trying to get over near the train station from the Piazale Roma, there is a nice new pedestrian bridge. The problem with this bridge (its pretty big since it spans the Grand Canal) is it has a series of wide steps which means you might have to work a little with your luggage. But assuming you can handle your luggage we think the best option is to take the new People Mover from the port over the P. Roma and walk to your hotel. This is why we often recommend that cruise passengers look for hotels near the P. Roma.

We have never stayed at the Boscolo Bellini but we know the location and its pretty convenient to the train station if you can walk a few hundred yards.

Hank

Thank you Hank. You are awesome! We will use the people mover. I chose the Bosco Bellini because we are leaving from Venice on the train to Florence. Not knowing the area it was difficult. I emailed the hotel and they replied about the same as you. Now I just need directions from the people mover stop to the hotel. I've sent them another email regarding that. Hope they answer it. I am direction illiterate! Thanks again!

Archived