Interior stateroom: bunk bed + pack n play layout questions

BWP

Hi, my DH and I are cruising on the Brilliance later this year with our 3 small children (18mnth, 6yr and 7yr). My parents will also be joining us, as we celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary. Due to a very tight budget, we could not afford a family suite, and have booked into an interior stateroom (max pax 4), with our oldest child joining my parents in their stateroom.

We have requested a cot (pack n play) in our room.

I've been researching for hours, but am struggling to get a clear idea of how the layout of the room will work with a pack n play and bunk bed in place. I just can't picture it? If our twin beds are made up as a queen bed, where do the bunk beds go, and where does the pack n play go? Or do we rather use the sofa for my 6yr old instead of the bunk bed - or is there no space for the sofa if there's a pack n play in the room too???

Can anyone who has been in a similar situation shed some light? Photos would be most helpful :)

Thanks

PS: I appreciate that no matter what the setup, space is going to be severely limited - we've come to terms with that! I'm just a major planner, and need to get some sort of mental picture of how the room will work.

The pullman beds pull down from the ceiling at night and then are stored during the day to make it easier to get around. The steward will take care of it for you. If you decide to make the two twins into a queen then it will be hard for whoever is in the queen to get up during the night. I can't find the thread I wanted that has lots of pictures but this one should help.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1158797170027602903eZhmCC

It will be really tight with a packnplay though. It will probably go in front of the sofa with the coffee table moved.

You really cannot do the beds as a double/queen. There would be absolutely no way to walk, get out of bed, etc. They may not even allow the room steward to make it up that way,with a cot added, as it would represent a fire hazard.

Did you price the Inside Family Oceanview stateroom ? Or within a week of sailing, see if there are any handicapped interior stateroom still available and ask to switch. They have more room than the standard interior. I know that should be kept for the truly handicapped, but perhaps that close to siling, there may not be a need for them and they'll allow you to change.

-Clancy

If you leave the bed as two twins and don't convert it to a queen, it would seem you may be able to squeeze the pack and play in between the two depending on how big it is. We are in an inside quad next month due to budget as well and we are fine with it, but we don't need to squeeze a pack and play in so I wish you luck! :)

Thanks for all the feedback - and especially for the pic posted, it's great to have that visual! It sounds as if the PnP is really going to cramp the room... we might have to consider having baby in the bed with us - which I don't mind, but 12 nights is quite a long cruise, and I'll be gutted if it upsets her routine too much and she won't settle in her own cot when we get back home :(

Archived